having issues conecting my modem to the router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-06-22 19:31:21
Region : NewZealand

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : Ver: 1.2

ISP : Vodafone

Hi I am having issues with my new router, i am trying to setup a 3G modem stick supplied by Vodafone modal number K3571-Z
i have tested the modem directly on my lap top and works fine and shows 3 to 4 bars on the signal indicator, However when i attach the modem to the router it detects it and just says connecting... i then turned off the WiFi and rebooted the router and tested still no change. when i first boot the router the modem flashes green the goes to blue and after a while then flashes red..

I have confirmed that there is no pin number setup for the sim card and the correct APN www.vodafone.net.nz *99#

Can anyone offer some suggestions ?

Regards

Paul
Options
1 Reply
Re:having issues conecting my modem to the router
2013-06-24 17:00:18
First of all, check if your modem is on its compatibility list www.tp-link.com/en/support/3g-comp-list/?model=TL-MR3220&location=1205; as to the unlisted modem, there might be possible compatible issue.
Secondly, The firmware version of your TL-MR3220? Is it the latest one?
The latest firmware is available on www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-MR3220&version=V1#tbl_j
If yours is not the latest firmware, upgrade it referring to www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=296, then see if this router is able to identify your K3571-z.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 423

Replies: 1

Related Articles