Help with 2.4ghz Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-02 16:08:18
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Ok Got a Tp Link RE650 WIFI extender just for the one room

So, went thought the set up and extended the 5G and 2.4G so showing as 2.4g_EXT and 5g_EXT. I can connect to the 5g ext. no problem. I use Android phone & Laptop for WIFI and PC is hardwired However when I try to connect to the 2.4g on the phone I have to insert the password again, even though saved? So, insert password and keep getting Obtaining If Address and I cannot connect

So, I change the IP settings to Static and then change the last 3 digits of the IP address to 255 & 254  but leave the gateway IP address as is. Then I can connect to the 2.4G ext. but it is saying Connected. No internet

I have the Virgin modem router bridged and using TP Archer and have not done the turn off and on routine. Also don’t know the login password for the Archer so don’t want to do a reset.

My 4 wifi networks showing and 7 others showing also. Got scanner from playstore but not sure what i am looking for? Can see 12 devices and some
I recognise ie TP Link,Philips Lighting, nvidia but also showing Amazon,Samsung and Giga Byte not sure of with different IP addresses?

I can connect to the regular 2.4g just not the ext

So just looking on any suggestions on how to fix the connection issues to the 2.4g EXT on WIFI and is there a streamless flow. So whatever signal is the strongest it will connect to this?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Help with 2.4ghz Connection
2021-02-03 06:09:46

@Funkyirishman 

Hi,

May I know the hardware and firmware version of the RE650?

What is the model number of your Virgin modem router as well as the TP-Link Archer router, like Archer C7/9?

Did RE650 extend the wireless network of Virgin or Archer?

If possible, please still use DHCP on the RE650, and then please help me check the following information:

1. Did 2.4ghz and 5ghz all lit up green/blue?
  2. Would all the 4ghz mobile devices fail to obtain the IP address?
  3. Would you please try to change the wireless channel on the host network, like channel 11 for 2.4ghz?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Help with 2.4ghz Connection
2021-02-03 09:39:29

@Funkyirishman 

May I know the hardware and firmware version of the RE650?

How Can i find this? Using the Tether app and I cannot see this anywhere? I updated everything to latest when i installed. I am hardwaired to PC and use wifi for phone but cannot open up 192.168.1.1 on browser in Android Phone

What is the model number of your Virgin modem router as well as the TP-Link Archer router, like Archer C7/9?

Its the standard Virgin modem Hub and the model number of C9 do you get this on the Archer?

Did RE650 extend the wireless network of Virgin or Archer?

I dont get this question? The Virgin modem has been bridged and wifi, broadband coming from Archer. The extend is from the Archer

If possible, please still use DHCP on the RE650, and then please help me check the following information:

How can I do this?

1. Did 2.4ghz and 5ghz all lit up green/blue?

Yes its Blue and set up was no issue

1. Would all the 4ghz mobile devices fail to obtain the IP address?

All phones android and Apple cannot connect to the 2.4ghz ext but can connect to all other networks and extensions

1. Would you please try to change the wireless channel on the host network, like channel 11 for 2.4ghz?

How can I do this? I dont have the password for my Archer and only way I can access it is to reset it and I dont want to do this at them moment as
I use the braodband but is this the only way?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 646

Replies: 2

Related Articles