DHCP Server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DHCP Server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DHCP Server
DHCP Server
2021-02-13 12:15:55 - last edited 2021-02-15 11:05:40
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V0.3.0.0.9.1

This router keeps failing to give clients ip addresses, I have a second wireless access point and wired devices off this router and almost daily I have to reboot this piece of crap just to get clients to connect to it, 

this is the buggiest router I have the misfortune of using, when connected to the tp cloud the router UI becomes completely unresponsive and I can't log onto the router, what an utter pile of crap, 

I have swapped it our for a new one and the same issues occurred immediately, the original router worked fine for 6 months, now I keep hing this endless problems, I the log files state the clients are refusing the dhcp offer, what utter nonsense 

Options
1 Reply
Re:DHCP Server
2021-02-22 11:11:04

@Hobbitbiker 

May I have the firmware of the VR2800? Please check and ensure it is up-to-date:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-vr2800/#Firmware

What is the brand and model of the wireless access point that is connected to the VR2800 LAN? Do you mean the devices connected to the VR2800 LAN directly also lose the connection? How about the Internet on the VR2800 when other devices connected to it via wireless, is it normal?

How many devices connected to the VR2800 in total, including the wireless access point? What if you configure the Address Reservation for the access point on the VR2800, will it help?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 345

Replies: 1

Related Articles