Port forwarding with a PPPoE WAN connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-12 05:23:41 - last edited 2021-04-12 05:26:56
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 150821 Rel.45266n

Hello, guys.

If someone can please help me on a port forwarding configuration on this model I would appreciate it.

I have a WAN connection from my ISP which when connected it gives me the ip 86.126.103.208 but when checking on showmyip or on an open port check website it gave me the  IP: 100.90.148.109.

What I need is to port forward on my static IP address on my laptop the port 12392 which will allow a better connection for qortal app.

I have contacted my ISP and they indicate to login on my ISP account and to activate DDNS and choose a name for it and activate it which I did and is qortal.go.ro and they than said it was correctly activated and it responds to ping which I have checked and indeed it does responds to PING.

After I did the DDNS activation, the IP 100.90.148.109 id not shown anymore on mmy WAN status connection and instead, now it shows the 86.126.103.208 IP.

On my windows 10 laptop, I have already added a rule in the firewall to allow that port, to make sure it is allowed.

I entered on the router management interface, and I have checked the DDNS and it says that I am connected and it's activated (Status - successful).

When checking the port on https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ it says it is closed.

I am already struggling for 2 days now, with no success. 

NOTE: The specs for the router are the following:

Firmware version:

3.16.9 Build 150821 Rel.45266n

Hardware version:

WR841N v11 00000000

Thank you for taking the time to read through my post.

Ovidiu

Options
3 Reply
Re:Port forwarding with a PPPoE WAN connection
2021-04-12 09:51:03

@OvidiuO 

Can we have a detailed network layout, how is the WR841N connecting to the network? 

What is the WAN IP address on the WR841N, 86.126.103.208 or 100.90.148.109? If the WAN IP address on the WR841N is 100.90.148.109, and you want to open a port for a local device that is connected to the WR841N, you need to open the corresponding port on the front-end modem for the WR841N as well. You can check this guide for more details:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1379/

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-04-12 14:05:45

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt response.

The WAN connection has a dynamic IP. I have just checked and it changed, now is 86.126.96.116. It is a PPPoE.

What the ISP recommended, as I have explained in the previous email, is to activate the dynamic DNS on my ISP account and set a name there.

The domain name that I have set is qortal.go.ro which if I ping, it replies from the WAN IP (86.126.96.116) so, apparently, the dynamic DNS works.

On the router, on the Dynamic DNS, I have added the connection as indicated User name / Password and Domain name (qortal.go.ro) and it appears activated, connection status> successful.

Thank you. The port I need to forward is 12392, it is already added in the port forwarding section on the router and rule created in firewall.

File:
Wan configuration.JPGDownload
Options
2021-04-13 02:23:25

@OvidiuO 

Thank you. So after configuring the DDNS, the IP address shown on showmyip is now the 86.126.103.208, while you still cannot access the local qortal app? Can we have the screenshot of showmyip for more details?

Can we also have the screenshot when you tried to access the local qortal app, and it showed failed?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3713

Replies: 3

Related Articles