4G Remote Access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

4G Remote Access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
4G Remote Access
4G Remote Access
2021-07-06 22:31:55
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Hoping someone here can help or point me in the correct direction.

I bought an MR200 with the hope of using my EE sim card to give me an internet connection I could utilise at a remote location where wired Ethernet is not possible.

When I put in the sim card I can access the internet just fine but I can not remotely connect from another device to the router itself with remote management enabled on the router.

I have a public IP address (dynamic), set-up a DDNS via No-IP & confirmed that my public ip address matches what is showing on the routers admin page (not private).

When I do a port check using a website it shows that port 80 is "closed" for my public ip address. I enabled ping to the router to be 'accepted remotely' and I get no response. I have also tried disabling router firewall and computer doing the pings firewall and the problem persists.

I am at a loss as to how to fix this and was hoping someone who has come across something similar could maybe help out.

I've tried my three network sim card in the router as well but it's worse (private IP address assigned so a non-starter). TP-Link have included an OpenVPN server hosted on the router, i'd like to take advantage of that at some point. It would seem strange to have a 4G LTE router with this function but no 4G carrier seems to allow it.

Many thanks,

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 494

Replies: 0

Related Articles