Votes

[Wi-Fi Routers] AP Mode supports Onemesh

Votes

[Wi-Fi Routers] AP Mode supports Onemesh

101 Reply
Re:[Wi-Fi Routers] AP Mode supports Onemesh-Solution
2024-07-22 13:13:23 - last edited 2024-07-29 10:30:36

Hello All,

We are excited here to announce the pre-release of the latest firmware update, version 1.14.0, for Archer C80/A8/C6/C86. This update brings a host of new features and optimizations that include IPv6 FirewallEasyMesh in AP Mode, Static IP and DNS Settings in AP Mode, Parental Control Improvements, etc.

Visit the following thread directly for more details:

Pre-release Firmware for Archer C80/A8/C6/C86 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:[Wi-Fi Routers] AP Mode supports Onemesh
2024-07-27 12:21:41
Hello and thanks for this update. Are you planning to release soon also update for Archer AX73/AX5400?
Options
2024-07-27 15:32:31 - last edited 2024-07-27 15:32:55

@nashford @Kevin_Z - Do you have any info or update ? I feel quite disappointed with the level of support on such a high end device - it would make me reconsider my choice of router TBH - why is there 0 movement on AP mode Mesh for the AXE16000 ? 

Options
2024-08-08 14:40:43

@Kevin_Z will C64 and AX23 support easymesh in  AP mode?

thanks

Options
2024-08-15 14:29:30
yes, it will be great have this feature, I spent a lot of time looking wwhy onemesh option is missing on my router
Options
2024-08-15 14:32:31

@Kevin_Z Hi, I believe easymesh is not working with wpa3? Can you elaboate ont this why? Thank you.

Options
2024-08-16 02:30:07

JardaS wrote

@Kevin_Z Hi, I believe easymesh is not working with wpa3? Can you elaboate ont this why? Thank you.

@JardaS Can you explain what you want to know? Are you saying you configured WPA3 security on the main EasyMesh router but the satellite unit doesn't copy that when joining the mesh network?

If that is the case, can you please show me the wireless settings on the main EasyMesh router? You can mask the SSID and password for security concerns.

BTW, what are the model numbers of the EasyMesh devices that you're using?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-08-16 02:47:50

nashford wrote

@Kevin_Z Hello - Do you have beta FW for AXE16000 one mesh in AP mode? This is a very high end router / AP - you claim on the site modern routers can do it - what gives? ;0 I run my own cloud / GW / router at home, i love the device to serve WIFI but i do not understand why you guys would limit a mesh to being in router mode only on this device? OpenWRT allows this? #help Hoping for good news ;0 I would obviously not be buying additional HW until this feature is supported, its limiting business I would imagine for many people like myself.

@nashford Is the model of your AXE16000 Archer AXE300? As far as I can confirm, Archer AXE300 doesn't support EasyMesh and it's still planned as per the EasyMesh Product List.

The engineering team is actively working on developing a new firmware update that will introduce support for EasyMesh in AP Mode. However, it's important to note that the rollout of the new firmware will not be uniform across all models, some models will get this update soon and some may need to wait. This staged approach to the firmware rollout allows us to thoroughly test and validate the new feature on our top-tier devices before expanding it to the broader portfolio. This helps ensure a smooth and reliable upgrade experience for our customers.

Please note that the specific timelines for when the new firmware will become available for each model may vary. We recommend that you regularly check our website and support channels for the latest updates on the firmware release schedule.

Options
2024-08-16 08:45:34

@Kevin_Z Hi Kevin, thank you to come back to me so fast. Let me explain in more details.

I have AX5400 Wi-Fi 6 Router AX73v1(firmware 1.3.6 Build 202240407 rel43274) and RE315 v1 (firmware 1.0.30 Build 230919 rel 52342n). I am running configuration as AP (not routing setup).

I was expecting to setup OneMesh NW between two these devices, but system want me to setup NW with WPS button, but it is always failing because probably it is not supporting WPA3 security and setup want me to change from WPA3 to WPA2 (which I do not want).

So question can I somehow setup OneMesh function between these two devices and do not downgrade security from WPA3 to WPA2?

Appreciate your help

Options
2024-08-16 11:32:13

@JardaS I believe the issue is unlikely to be caused by the WPA3 security protocol.

Based on my understanding, the AX73v1 does not support EasyMesh or Onemesh when operating in AP Mode. This means it cannot establish a mesh system with the RE315 when the AX73 is set to AP Mode.

However, you can still extend the wireless network using the RE315 by connecting it as a normal wireless extender to the AX73. When configuring the RE315 to extend the network, you can do so either through its web interface or by using the WPS button, and both methods should work.

BTW, was there any error message mentioning that you need to change WPA3 to WPA2 when you tried to configure it via EasyMesh? If yes, please show me a screenshot. Thanks.

Options

Voters 124

+ 120 Voters