Disable Onemesh Hidden network on Onemesh Routers

2021-07-27 09:58:12 - last edited 2022-10-28 12:00:36
This Article Applies to:
TP-Link Routers that supports Onemesh, such as Archer C6/A6/C7/A7/AX10/AX20/AX6000/AX11000, etc.

Background:
Some customers report their Onemesh routers are emitting a hidden network, which makes them confused and nervous as they cannot turn it off manually on the router web GUI.

The hidden wireless network is used to build up the mesh wireless network system, and it cannot be detected by the common wireless devices. You can refer to this article for more details:
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/728

Just like the existing Deco mesh package products, the specific hidden network with high-intensity random password can guarantee the security of the network. So no worries.

Available Solutions:
However, if you still want to disable the Onemesh hidden network on the router, update the router firmware to the latest, and you will get the option to switch it off. 
Note: Be aware that the Onemesh option is not available when the router is working in Access Point mode. If you need to disable the Onemesh hidden network also, please switch to Router mode, disable Onemesh, then switch back to Access Point mode.

For Example, the models below have already added the Onemesh option on the latest official firmware, which can be downloaded manually from the TP-Link website, or updated via the router web GUI / Tether app:
Archer A7_V5_201029 and newer versions
Archer C7_V5_201030 and newer versions
Archer A6(US)_V2_210226 and later versions
Archer C6(US)_V2_210226 and later versions
Archer C80(US)_V1_1.11.30 Build 220624 and later versions
Archer C64(EU)_V1_1.11.30 Build 220624 and later versions
Archer C6(EU)_V2_1.3.7 Build 20220613 and later versions
Archer A6(EU)_V2_1.3.7 Build 20220613 and later versions

For other models that support Onemesh, but you cannot find an Onemesh ON/OFF switch on its web GUI, please keep an eye on the official website or router web GUI for the new updates, then determine if the Onemesh ON/OFF is available. If still no, please wait patiently and there would be new official firmware in the near future.

Related Articles:
Disable Onemesh Hidden network on DSL modem
Disable Hidden SSID on the 3G/4G modem

-------------------------------------------------
Have other off-topic issues to report? 
Welcome to > Start a New Thread < and elaborate on the issue for assistance.
Options
66 Reply
Re:[Solution] Disable Onemesh Hidden network
2021-07-28 23:27:13

@Kevin_Z 

I saw that there's already a stable C6/A6 FW with an option to disable OneMesh for the US region:

Archer a6us-up-ver1-1-8-P1[20210226-rel34930].bin - here

Archer c6us-up-ver1-1-8-P1[20210226-rel34930].bin - here

If that's correct, does one need to use the beta FW or just upgrade to the latest stable above ?

And the logical question - when the stable version is going to be released for the EU region ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-07-29 06:38:46

@terziyski 

Thank you very much for pointing out that there is already a new official firmware for the Archer C6/A6(US)_V2 on the official website, I will update the OP. 

Regarding the new official firmware for the Archer C6/A6(EU)_V2, I'm sorry I cannot provide an ETA. I guess it will be soon if that for the US firmware is already. I will also update the OP once the EU version is available.

Options
2021-08-11 22:04:40

Thanks

I juste installed the Beta for Archer C6 EU

Where do I find where we can siable / enable OneMesh ? 

Thx

Options
2021-08-12 06:40:41

@al4085 

Ensure you've installed the correct firmware on your Archer C6, then login to its web GUI, go to Advanced > Onemesh, there you will see an Onemesh on/off switch, you can choose Disable then.

Options
2021-08-12 12:34:39

@Kevin_Z 

Sorry but I have no Advanced Tab.

Just the ones on the picture : status, operation, network, wireless ,guest and system ????

Options
2021-08-12 12:36:38 - last edited 2021-12-20 19:16:45

@al4085 

OneMesh is not available when the router is in AP mode - Q8/A8.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-08-21 07:22:56

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, will a JP version of this beta be made available soon? I have tried multiple drivers and other fixes for weeks for my T4U but I suspect the 5Ghz issues I am having are due to my C6 router. Please let me know if you require any further info. Thanks and I'll keep an eye out.

Options
2021-08-21 15:03:40

@Kevin_Z  Will you guys give us final firmware for archer c6 eu ? we are using the beta from almost 1 year or if there is a newer beta ?

Best regards

Options
2021-10-19 00:39:06

waiting for Archer C80 firmware

Options
2021-10-19 22:43:47 - last edited 2021-10-20 14:47:54

@Kevin_Z I'm finding it really difficult to understand why the EU firmware has been in limbo for so much time, still no release in sight. Hell, if you removed that annoying TP-Link Beta background image that you plastered all over the firmware, maybe it wouln't bother so much, because I doubt yoiu're thinking of changinging anything else at all...

/webpages/themes/green/img/tp-beta-mark.1604047290283.png

Seeriously, what are you guys taking over there?

What's the deal here, though? US consumers deserve some special treatment that the rest of the world doesn't? What's the reasoning behind publishing an official firmware update for US routers and only publishing "TP-Link Beta" pseudo-unfinished bull to the rest of us?

TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta TP-Link Beta

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 31814

Replies: 66

Related Articles