Deco M5 - Wifi network created has no internet access.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-07 10:16:50
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, i just recently bought the 3 pack of the deco m5. Everything went normal with the initial setup and i was able to successfully create a wifi network from it, how ever it seems that the network created by the deco has no internet access? 

Everything seems to be normal since all deco m5's are glowing in green. I have also tried router / ap modes but still nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 - Wifi network created has no internet access.
2021-08-07 12:20:41

@melioodafu 

There is Test Internet Speed button in Deco app for Deco M5, under More/Router Settings, which runs speedtest from inside Main Deco to the Internet. 

Try it. If it completes successfully, it means Main Deco has Internet access and you'll need to be more specific in defining the problem.

Options
2021-08-09 06:31:52

@melioodafu 

Hi, could you please send me a private message about your TP-Link ID as well as the MAC address of your main Deco?

By the way, May I know how is your internet service provider?

I used to have a similar case, the Deco has been set up properly with a solid green LED, but no internet and after checking from the cloud server, the Deco has not been bound to any email ID.

Options
2021-08-09 08:18:40

@Alexandre. 

I tried testing the internet speed inside the deco app, while waiting for "testing download speed" i just saw a red circled X, and the speedtest ended. any ideas?

Options