Votes

WAN/LAN auto-sensing

Votes

WAN/LAN auto-sensing

246 Reply
Re:WAN/LAN auto-sensing
2024-02-19 14:17:12

@TP-Link 

connecting the wired devices to the satellite deco's doesn't work. Neither does introducing another router and using the decos merely as access points. None of the workarounds work!!

and this issue has been present for approaching 3 years now. 

tplink are willfully selling a product that is not fit for purpose! 

inam replacing the decos in the main house with gl.iNet routers and access points because of this issue and have stopped recommending pr buying any tplink products because of the arrogant ignoring of hundreds of customers concerns over this product. 

i have emailed the ceo and the uk ceo through LinkedIn and concluded they are utterly oblivious and ignore their clients as their profiles are virtually and my messages have been ignored

Options
RE:WAN/LAN auto-sensing
2024-02-21 12:08:19
My LAN should ALWAYS work, regardless of whether my internet is up or down
Options
2024-02-23 12:48:30
Need selectable Wan port. Lose connection to servers when internet is out. Deco X68
Options
2024-02-26 10:02:54

@TP-Link 

So this is probably why I cannot locally access my Jellyfin server without internet? I'll be renovating soon and will have to tear down the entire living room (ISP router will be removed) and thought I could still have all my content available, so to test I unplugged my ISP cable from the main M9plus and my local server wasn't serving anymore :( What a shame.

Options
2024-03-05 11:47:05
There should be an option to determine which port is used for WAN, if any.
Options
2024-03-06 07:57:01

@sevrinsky 

Hi, yes, It should be and the 1.5.0 firmware on Deco X55/X50_V1 and Deco X80-5G/Deco X20-4G have already supported this feature.

Best regards.

Options
2024-03-06 08:08:55

@Badger 

Replying to myself as I have found a solution for my version of this issue. When my ISP is down, I change in Deco app the mode it's supposed to function as. (Mine is in Norwegian so unsure what it's in English) . I change from WiFi mode to access point mode. Then I can access my jellyfin server locally. 

Options
2024-03-06 16:50:54

@David-TP if it's supported on Deco X20-4G ... are there any plans on supporting this on the regular Deco X20 ??

Options
2024-03-11 02:39:29

@TP-Link My fiber ONT died while I was out of the country. I expected my cameras to function since it's all static IP addresses and on a local network. Instead, there was no video footage being recorded while I was out of town. One of my properties was burglarized and thank goodness it wasn't the property with the internet outage.

Had this equipment failure from the ISP caused my entire camera and home automation system to not function during a home burglary I would have filed a lawsuit. This is such an unacceptable problem as a thief merely needs to disable the internet to disable an entire security system. The fact that this has been an issue with such a simple solution as to be able to dedicate a WAN port which doesn't affect the LAN. Why doesn't this get done ASAP?

Options
2024-03-17 10:17:45

@TP-Link 

@David-TP 

Tested with lastest firmware (1.0.15) on deco be-85.

It's not working.

The devices connected to master node, don't lost ip anymore, but impossible with all devices to connect on internal ip.

From satellite node or master node.

So the problem is not fixed

Regards

Erreur

Options

Voters 125

+ 121 Voters