Powerline adapters not in range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-18 10:18:42
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

I having been using the powerline adapters for over 2 years with now issues however, now I am unable to see 2nr devices on my wifi list (it is shown in my saved list as 'not in range')

I have tried factory reset, ethernet conntecting and changing locations all through a main power socket with no success. 

Not sure on the firmware version. 

What can be done?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Powerline adapters not in range
2021-11-18 10:50:40

Hello @Brooksy16 

If you have factories reset, it will broadcast default SSID TPLINK _XXXX, please check if you can see it on different devices like mobile devices and  laptop. 

Check the Wi-Fi Led on AV600 extender, and Wi-Fi Led should be ON. 

You may download tpPLC Utility and change the Wireless settings for Powerline unit:

How to Change Wireless Settings using the tpPLC Utility (Blue UI via PC) 

Options
2021-11-18 10:55:03

@Solla-topee 

no joy as now the adapter is not showing a powerline on the utlity page but on the actual device the power, powerline and wifi lights are green 

Options
2021-11-25 07:49:32 - last edited 2021-11-25 07:59:28

Hey @Brooksy16 

Sorry for the late reply, is your phone connected the Wi-Fi of powerline extender, if so you could download tpPLC APP and change wireless settings.

How to Change Wireless Setting Using the tpPLC App (Smartphone)?

If still does not work, you will need to factory reset Wireless extender and repair 2 powerline units,

RESET  : with wireless powerline unit powered on, use a pin to press the reset hole on the bottom until most Leds flash once 

Wireless powerline unit should broadcast TPLINK XX default SSID after a successful factory reset, connect  to WiFi using the 8 digits wireless password on the label of unit. 

If wireless powerline unit does not respond to a factory reset, or does not broadcast SSID, it might be a defective unit. 

Options