Deco M9 and powerline adaptors

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-10 07:25:02
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Morning everyone

I have set up a mesh system with the Deco M9 and even though I have 4 x discs, there is still a blackspot in one part of the house.  This is where a new PS5 needs to go, so I am asking what TP Link powerline adaptor I could buy and use as a hybrid system with both mesh and powerline - if anybody would be kind enough to help?  I am thinking this'd help that blackspot and with a wired connection to the PS5, I will hopefully be okay.  

Thanks very much 

Gavin 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9 and powerline adaptors
2021-12-10 11:35:40

@GavinUK 

HI, if this blackspot requires both wireless and wired connections, I would vote for Deco P9.

While if only a wired connection is required, a pair of TL-PA9020Pkit or TL-PA8033PKIT would be enough.

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/powerline/?filterby=5796

You might be also interested in TL-WPA8631PKIT, which is a OneMesh wireless powerline adapter(TP-Link OneMesh™ VS Deco Mesh: What's the Difference?).

It is more suitable if the blackspot is a little far away from the nearest M9 or many walls/barriers in between and when using P9, the wireless backhaul of Deco Mesh from the nearest M9 might not good enough to hold a decent speed.

And with TL-WPA8631Pkit, the signal over electric wires might be transferred a little better.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 370

Replies: 1

Related Articles