X20-DSL Setup can't create network???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-27 21:42:28 - last edited 2021-12-28 09:52:26
Model: Deco X20-DSL  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Don't know, factory new

Hi!

I'm having infuriating problems with my brand new TP-Link Deco X20-DSL. I'd highly appreciate all the help I can get.

We have ADSL/VDSL in our apartment and I've been running VR2800 for the last two years or so. That thing worked great but I wanted to upgrade to WiFi6 because of the 2.4ghz benefits.

I sold my VR2800 today and went to pick up my brand new Deco X20-DSL. Proceeded to plug in the power cable and dsl cabel. Downloaded Deco app and run through the setup. Every single time it errors after entering the desired network name and password when it starts to "create a network".

Every manual just states "download the Deco app and let the easy setup do the rest" and I'm kinda getting mad at this point. I've always just manually setup my modems/routers from the admin panel in the past. VR2800 had none of these problems.

I've tried to enter different names/passwords for the network, uninstalled/re-installed the Deco app, used different phones, different dsl-cables, resetted the modemrouter... Nothing seems to resolve this. I even called my service provider (Telia) and everything is setup from their end. Building has fiber that comes through vdsl2 to the apartments. No need to hassle with MAC addresses or anything like that, should be just plug and play.

Thanks and sorry for the frustration.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:X20-DSL Setup can't create network???-Solution
2021-12-28 07:49:57 - last edited 2021-12-28 09:52:26

@Jekkutin 

Please refer to the following suggestions:

• Download the latest firmware first. The download link is:

X20-DSL_1.0_en_1.0.4_Build_20210807.zip 

• Please follow the steps below to upgrade the latest official firmware

1) Please restore Deco X20 DSL to factory settings first.

(Press the reset pinhole at the bottom for 1 second. Then The light changing from pulsing yellow to solid yellow indicates a successful reset)

2) Please unplug the phone line from the DSL port of the Deco X20-DSL temporarily. And then follow the previous configuration steps to configure the Deco X20-DSL again.

(The configuration steps can be completed, but the Internet is temporarily unavailable.)

3) After that, please follow the steps below to log in to the management interface of Deco X20 DSL and upgrade the firmware:

How to Update the Firmware of Deco (Method 2 via web UI)

4) After upgrading to the firmware, please restore Deco X20 DSL to factory settings again.

5) Connect the phone line back to the DSL port of Deco X20 DSL, and then follow the configuration steps to configure the device again.

Please let me know whether the issue could be fixed or not.

Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:X20-DSL Setup can't create network???-Solution
2021-12-28 07:49:57 - last edited 2021-12-28 09:52:26

@Jekkutin 

Please refer to the following suggestions:

• Download the latest firmware first. The download link is:

X20-DSL_1.0_en_1.0.4_Build_20210807.zip 

• Please follow the steps below to upgrade the latest official firmware

1) Please restore Deco X20 DSL to factory settings first.

(Press the reset pinhole at the bottom for 1 second. Then The light changing from pulsing yellow to solid yellow indicates a successful reset)

2) Please unplug the phone line from the DSL port of the Deco X20-DSL temporarily. And then follow the previous configuration steps to configure the Deco X20-DSL again.

(The configuration steps can be completed, but the Internet is temporarily unavailable.)

3) After that, please follow the steps below to log in to the management interface of Deco X20 DSL and upgrade the firmware:

How to Update the Firmware of Deco (Method 2 via web UI)

4) After upgrading to the firmware, please restore Deco X20 DSL to factory settings again.

5) Connect the phone line back to the DSL port of Deco X20 DSL, and then follow the configuration steps to configure the device again.

Please let me know whether the issue could be fixed or not.

Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:X20-DSL Setup can't create network???
2021-12-28 09:56:09
Thank you so much for your quick response! This worked just the way you described. I tried to run the setup with router-mode without the ethernet cable connected and it didn't let me go forward before connecting it so I didn't even think of this with the DSL-modemrouter install without DSL-cable connected.... Anyways if someone stumbles to the same problem the recommended solution worked for me!
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 811

Replies: 2

Related Articles