C310 video clips - where are they stored?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-11 23:41:30
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.11

Just bought and installed a C310 outdoor camera and enroled in the basic cloud storage service. I have also installed a 128GB SD card in the camera.

From the product description, I would expect that all videos are stored locally on the SD card, and are also duplicated in cloud storage.

However, when I use the tapo app to view videos, I can see no clear distinction between these two storage locations.

There is a "Cloud Videos" Caption, with "More >" that show thumbnails of all the videos, and allows me to view and play them.

There is also, somewhat confusingly, a "Playback & Memory" caption.

When I tap this there appears to be a choice between
"Playback" (Playback what?)
and
"Memory" (SD card?)

"Playback"
allows me to select from the 50 or so video clips and play them back, just like the "Cloud Videos" facility.
What is the difference between this playback facility and the "Cloud Videos" facility?

"Memory"
allows me to select from only 4 video clips and then playback.

Why is there a difference between these two sets of video clips? Why aren't all 50 or so video clips listed here?

If "Playback" refers to cloud videos, amd "Memory" refers to the SD card in the camera, I would expect both sets of videos to be exactly the same.

I am a bit confused...

Options
1 Reply
Re:C310 video clips - where are they stored?
2022-02-09 13:02:31

Hello @missouriman 

Thank you for asking, here are some explanation for the difference between Playback & Memory 

The Playback part on Tapo APP are Motion Detection /Continuous recordings saved in the SD card; Memory are manually recorded recordings which are saved in the phone.

To use 24/7 recording or save all the recordings in the SD card, select Continuous recording in Tapo APP→ Recording Schedule: 

How can I view 24-hour recordings of Tapo cameras in Tapo app?

There are other QAs for recording/ motion detection: 

General Questions about the Tapo Camera

Hope this help!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1038

Replies: 1

Related Articles