Votes

Web UI Configuration

Votes

Web UI Configuration

367 Reply
RE:Web UI Configuration
2023-05-13 13:58:32
I like the simplicity of the initial setup configuration. But now I need to configure 30 NAT ports and I web interface was very useful. Or maybe an Windows App or SSH possibilitie or something.
Options
Re:Web UI Configuration
2023-05-13 23:22:58

@TP-Link I am on vacation and cannot access my home network from my phone. It would be very nice to have an alternate way to attempt to connect, my laptop.

I echo the many other comments about the limitations of the interface and Deco settings on the app. It is truly a pain to set up DHCP reservations for equipment not always connected to the network.

Options
2023-05-13 23:43:54

@jsm1954 

I also have a feature request in to bring back the OpenVPN server feature... because of this very reason. Being able to VPN means I can trouble shoot my home automation system when I'm away from home...

Options
2023-05-19 12:00:52

@TP-Link 

Having a web interface is really very important for us to control the small detail changes and is the preferred way for a lot of people out there. Please make this changes to the system for people to change settings from computer as well.

Thanks

Manzur

Options
2023-05-21 14:39:47 - last edited 2023-05-21 14:40:35

@TP-Link If I would have known that in 2022, if I would buy a router, I would get a stripped, over simplified, non-configurable version for the desktop PC browser, I would have opted out for anything else.

It is pure #IDIOCRACY that someone would strip down functionality, just to try to make some bucks out of the "FULL parental control" montly subscription.

Please, for the love of GOD, do what is right and create a NORMAL version for the web interface. That would be the single thing that would make me buy a TPLink product ever again.

Options
2023-05-25 10:11:53 - last edited 2023-05-25 10:12:40

@A_C_M lol....you got that right...

This pile of junk is going straight back to where I got it from...

For the love of god people...don't pay for full parental controls... marketing people out there lying again...

I came here to complain about the lack of a web interface completely sucks a big one...

Shame...old TPLink products were good... :( 

Options
2023-05-25 11:52:58 - last edited 2023-05-25 11:56:11

@David-TP  @Kevin_Z 

Where is TP Link at with this. It has been highly voted enough. There are people in this thread returning the product because of the App only access. Yet no update from TP Link.

This is my 3rd TP Link router, prior were 2 Archers... It will be my LAST purchase... I will be moving to another manufacturers platform.

Options
2023-05-25 14:06:01
Have you noticed how many people here say they want web access and full control? Have you noticed how many people here have returned their devices after discovering they could not configure their devices? .... And for each person that found this thread and made a comment here, there is at least 25 people out there who returned your devices to the store or never bought it in the first place? ...... Don't you think your customers know something you have not figured out? ...... Don't you think you should pay attention to your customers?
Options
2023-05-26 10:01:24 - last edited 2023-05-26 10:06:35

@rwgreene999 

Hi, Since the release of the first Deco model, we mainly advertise APP control. Web UI has never been the main focus even now and it is only a supplement to APP control. If web Ui is a necessity and could not be compromised, Deco would not be the proper device, Archer WiFi router with EasyMesh or OneMesh Technology would be a perfect alternative.

As for the customer feature request, the community values each feedback and will summarize and forward them to the engineers regularly. Not all of them will be accepted but we will try to explain why it hasn't been and what is workaround. Currently, if features on the Deco APP are not simple to use or user-friendly, we will prioritize updating the APP. Redesigning all features on the web UI is not the first option.

Each feedback with reasons will be checked carefully in case we missed some extreme occasions in which the web UI is irreplaceable. I used to think the small screen of a mobile phone would be problem. But now, it is no longer the issue and Deco APP also support iPad/Tablets UI. So far, there hasn't been a situation which made me think the web UI must have full control of features.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-05-26 10:08:17

What your response says to a lot of people:

David-TP wrote

We don't care and we will continue to ignore all feedback.

Options

Voters 192

+ 188 Voters