AC600/Archer T2U Plus and Miracast in Windows 10 (x64)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-15 00:36:48
Model: Archer T2U Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1030.41.514.2020

I received my Archer T2U Plus today, plugged it in, and downloaded/installed the Win10 driver from the support page, as directed by the instruction booklet. It immediately started working and I was able to connect my PC to my WiFi network. I now had two connections - my preexisting Ethernet connection and my Wifi connection. Excellent!

Then I went to the "Projecting to this PC" Settings page, which was the whole point of getting this product. And, like the last two WiFi adapters I bought, it still says "This device doesn't support receiving Miracast, so you can't project to it wirelessly":

I know the problem isn't with my graphics card - here's the relevant excerpt from DxDiag's output:

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
 DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0928 64bit Unicode

I've tried a therapeutic reboot. No dice.

So what am I missing? Does this adapter actually support Miracast? Is there something else I need to do to activate it?

Options
5 Reply
Re:AC600/Archer T2U Plus and Miracast in Windows 10 (x64)
2022-02-17 03:07:02

Hello  @RobFreundlich 

Please go to  Adapter Properties window> Advanced tab>change (Wireless) Mode  to Auto: Guide to check Adapter Properties: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/284/

Try the chipset driver and see if it helps: 
Realtek Chipset Driver for T2U(Nano/ Plug)

If the same, may I know did you try to case video from mobile device like phone or tablet to PC? can I know the model of router,can you take a photo of PC motherboard information,

How to check driver version of TP-Link adapters and system information of your computer?

Options
2022-02-19 16:21:26

Hi   @Solla-topee ,

Thank you for your help. I ended up submitting a support request, and am getting help from a senior support engineer. So I'm going to let this thread go silent for a while. However, once the issue gets resolved, I'll post the solution here so that other people with the same problem can see it.

Rob

Options
2022-06-23 17:38:21 - last edited 2022-06-23 17:39:24

@RobFreundlich 

Just in case anybody stumbles upon this thread with a similar issue. I was able to resolve this issue using the TP-Link Archer T2U Nano AC600. My current computer specs are:

Processor: Intel I-5 7600K

Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon

GPU: MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Memory: 16 GB RAM Corsair(dont remember exact model)

Operating System: Windows 10 PRO x64(most current update)

My PC is hardwired and does not natively have wifi so I had the same issue as OP. Once I plugged in the adapter and downloaded the drivers, I was able to easily project to and from this PC. I DID NOT have to connect to wifi to use the miracast feature. I was able to stay hardwired the entire time I was using miracast features. This leads me to conclude that the T2U Nano does support miracast. Hope that helps.

Options
2022-06-23 18:30:25

@MandoMK3 Thanks for the tip! For $15 on Amazon (with 1-day delivery!), it's kind of a no-brainer for me to give this a try. I'll report back after I get it and try it out.

Options
2022-06-25 13:41:16

@MandoMK3 It came in yesterday, and I just installed it. NO love. I think the code problem is that there's something deep down in the chipset of the computer's motherboard that doesn't support Miracast.  So no matter what WiFi dongle I put on top of it, it just won't work.

Bummer.

Well, the computer is 6 years old. That's like 47 in dog years, and who know how many in computer years. It does well otherwise, though, so I don't know whether it's practical to replace it for this one feature that I won't use very often but woul be so freaking cool!!!!!

Options