Wi-Fi assistant shows I’m offline so can’t do a speed test but I’m online

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wi-Fi assistant shows I’m offline so can’t do a speed test but I’m online

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Wi-Fi assistant shows I’m offline so can’t do a speed test but I’m online
2022-09-19 17:00:52

@Luff you guys get this resolved?   

currently having same issue and it seems to be 4 months after you guys.

Options
2022-09-23 08:19:09

@rick1331

Hi, Thanks for the update.

The solution has been updated here and the issue is that the current speedtest server is offline and it is not allowed to change servers during WiFi diagnostics. But if you check the speed via "Test Speed" directly, it allows switching to different servers.

For more details, please refer to the recommended solution.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-09-26 17:35:01 - last edited 2022-09-26 17:35:59

@David-TP any update on this? it's been > 1/2 year, I'm still facing the same issue - so many test servers don't work even if I choose manually. This is ridiculously long wait.

Options
2023-01-08 14:50:23

David-TP wrote

Update:

This Article Applies to:
Deco APP version 2.x.x

Issue Description/Phenomenon:
Recently, we have got some user feedback After clicking "Run Wi-Fi Diagnostics" under Deco APP>Deco Lab>Wi-Fi Assistant, it reported'“you are offline, check your Internet connections, get back online, and retest your speed” when it comes to testing Internet speed. However, when customers try to use the speedtest by ookla app for testing speed, it works perfectly fine.

Solution:
This is not an issue of Wi-Fi Assistant but an issue of the specific speedtest server. When the current speedtest server is not available, WiFi Assistant will raise that error.  We are currently working on a new failover mechanism that allows switching to other servers when the first one fails during Wi-Fi Diagnostics.

Meanwhile, please test the speed individually via the “Test Speed” feature under Wi-Fi Assistant (this feature allows you to manually select servers) or using the Speedtest APP by ookla.

@David-TP 

Options