Need to block social sites

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-21 17:23:26 - last edited 2022-03-21 17:24:36
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 201207 Rel.56223n

Our NGO bought 6 of these routers for field staff. Because we only have 10Gig internet data per router we need to block social websites. But it seems that this router does not have this function to block certain sites without parental settings. We do have HUAWEI routers that have this function but i like TP-Link and thought all new routers have URL bock options. The problem is we cannot configure MAC addresses as the users change. This has to be a general setting to block all users without MAC info. I searched and found some TP-Link routers have TARGET option on any LAN which can work but i do not see this on this specific router. Can someone help or give me advice maybe for 3rd party firmware?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Need to block social sites
2022-03-24 09:31:27

@Koenie 

Maybe you could try to configure service filtering on the TL-MR6400 to have a look:

How to configure Service Filtering on 3G/4G Wireless Router?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 267

Replies: 1