Archer VR400 V2 Unit USB Sharing/Media Server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-31 12:39:55
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.6.0 0.9.1 v0070.0 Build 200724 Beta.58421n

Good afternoon all,

I've recently had my WD Live fail and decided to try the USB sharing port on the back of my VR400.

Going thru as the manual instructed to share my media over the local neighbourhood and NOT FTP to stop external use.

Clicking on the drive show the correct size and I can even MAP to the drive correctly.

I can then go onto any of my digital TVs and see the content ... until 10-15 minutes passes.

As it creates the media library, the unit resets and drops internet connection.

I then have to login back in again and do the sharing component ... again ..

My external drive is just a 1TB WD with a few hundred movies on it.

Any ideas why this is happening.

Thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer VR400 V2 Unit USB Sharing/Media Server
2022-04-01 06:33:29

@Devvy Hi, how many times has it happened till now?

Since you mentioned the modem will "reset and disconnect ", do you mean an auto factory reset with all the configurations lost, or actually a power restart?

Options
2022-04-01 12:38:30

@David-TP 

So when I 1st plugged in the external drive, it seemed fine until the 1st reboot. Like clicking reboot under utilities.

Nothing was lost in terms of settings, just the 3-5 minute wait whilst NBN re-connected.

Then had to goto USB shared and click on the drive to become visible.

At this stage I could go onto my samsung TV and see that the movie list was slowly being built up.

Then at between 10-15 minutes, it would go thru this cycle again.

I tried this for about 2 hours and soon as I unplugged the external drive, this issue stopped and no further reboots.

The external drive is a WD 1TB with its own power supply and works fine and I've copied to/from as a backup drive.

So I'm suspecting that the VR400 media server can't handle the large volume of files on the drive, or the processor can't deal with the streaming.

Your thoughts?

Thanks for the help/reply.

Cheers

Jeff

Options
2022-04-02 06:51:14 - last edited 2022-04-02 06:52:15

@Devvy 

Thank you very much for the details.

I could not think out what might be the problem and would like to forward your case to the senior engineers.

Please check the email for further assistance.

Options
2022-04-02 12:26:46

@David-TP 

Thanks for your help. I tried it again thinking it may be a load issue whilst there were many wireless devices connected overloading processor, but with only 5 devices and no real traffic, it still did the same thing again.

Hopefully one of the gurus can find an answer. 

Thanks again

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 357

Replies: 4