WIRED DEVICES SHOW UP AS OFFLINE, UNABLE TO PORT FORWARD

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-03 08:02:34
Model: Deco W6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    TPLINK IS DELETING POST FOR REPORTING AN ISSUE THEY REFUSE TO FIX   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF THEY BANNED ME

How about instead of deleting a post reporting an actual issue, you fix the app instead? or you know let people do what they want to their router?

I have multiple wired devices showing up at offline which cause multiple issue because for some stupid reason TP link decided to only let you reserve address by SELECTING ONLINE DEVICES ONLY, then you can't set port forwarding because you can only SELECTING ONLINE DEVICES ONLY

Who thought that was a good idea?

Yes i've tried refreshing

Yes my device is powered on

Yes my device is plugged in

Yes i can access the internet on the device

Yes i've tried force close the app

Yes i've tried clearing app cache

The only "workaround" I've  been able to do so far is deleting that "offline" device, then it'll reconnect again and will appear on the list... FOR ABOUT 10seconds! before it went "offline" again and stopping you from selecting it for any address reservation or port forwarding

Seriously, who thought that was a good idea?
I bet it's the same person that thought it was a good idea to make you a phone app to be able to access advance setting. Why can't I do all those thing a desktop browser?
If a person is dumb enough to need to use a phone app to set up wifi, they wouldn't need advance setting...

jfc, yall needs new UX developers...

Options
1 Reply
Re:WIRED DEVICES SHOW UP AS OFFLINE, UNABLE TO PORT FORWARD
2022-06-06 07:31:53

@TEPELINKistrash 

Welcome to the community.

Your first post has not been deleted and it is on the US station:

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/557230

For your current issue, have you set up ant static IP settings on the wired clients themselves?

And may I know the model number of these wired clients?

Do you use any network switch to connect these wired clients, then connect to Deco? or can I have a picture of your network layout?

Would it be possible for you to send an APP log to us?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options