What is EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders?

What is EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders?

106 Reply
Re:What is Wi-Fi EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders?
2022-10-28 02:41:15

@nyonyo 

Sorry for not making myself clear. Only the main router work in Router mode, the satellite one can join the mesh network via wireless at the moment.

Yes, currently only C80 V2.20_1.12.0 Build 220924 and later versions support EasyMesh. There will be other models support EasyMesh soon, please keep an eye on the EasyMesh Compatibility List.

Also, as per the list, Archer C80 V1 is PLANNED to support EasyMesh in the future via firmware updates. Unfortunately, we cannot provide you an ETA. Please also be aware that PLANNED is not a guarantee here, that might be changed due to hardware or firmware limitations.

Options
Re:What is Wi-Fi EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders?
2022-10-31 08:28:30 - last edited 2022-10-31 08:28:49

Could you please ask them to consider adding Archer AX72 onto the list. It contains the same hardware as the AX73 and probably the same firmware. The only difference is the CPU is lower spec. I can't for the life of me think why easymesh would be any more cpu intensive than onemesh.

Options
2022-10-31 18:29:38

@Kevin_Z I just bought two RE705X and I'm looking for EasyMesh functionality but only the RE700X is on the list of supported devices.

Should I return them or are there plans to also release a firmware update for the RE705X?

Options
2022-11-01 06:29:36

@Alex-C 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

I honestly cannot guarantee that Archer AX72 will also support EasyMesh in the future, but surely I can bring your request to our development team, they will consider if this is possible.

It's suggested to keep an eye on the EasyMesh Compatibility List to get the most recent updates once a new model is added to the list.

Options
2022-11-01 06:34:33

Eudy97 wrote

@Kevin_Z I just bought two RE705X and I'm looking for EasyMesh functionality but only the RE700X is on the list of supported devices.

Should I return them or are there plans to also release a firmware update for the RE705X?

@Eudy97 As per the EasyMesh Compatibility List, both RE705X and RE700X are PLANNED to support EashMesh in the future, you may keep an eye on it.

If you require using EasyMesh now, it's strongly suggested to return the RE705X and buy those have already supported EasyMesh, such as RE550 and RE700X.

Options
2022-11-01 14:43:47

@Kevin_Z Thanks for the link to the list. If it's planned then I'll wait. 

Options
2022-11-01 18:31:47

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

Can you ask developers for AX11000 to be added on the list?

Thank you!

Options
2022-11-02 01:22:44

m1hn3a wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

Can you ask developers for AX11000 to be added on the list?

Thank you!

@m1hn3a Sure, we will do. While I cannot guarantee now AX11000 will be added to the list.

You can also vote on the following request to let your voice be heard by more:

[Under Consideration] EasyMesh feature in all OneMesh Routers

Options
2022-11-04 13:47:43 - last edited 2022-11-04 14:31:33

Dear @Kevin_Z good day and let me say that I am very glad that EasyMesh is still moving forward! 

As in my house I have four pieces of Archer C80 V1, one of which is the main router and works in Router Mode, and the other three work in Access Point Mode.

They are all connected to a Switch TL-SG3428X V1 with CAT6 ethernet cables and all devices are in the same VLAN, so I'm wondering if the EasyMesh network can be built over ethernet cables (Ethernet Backhaul)?

The DHCP server is turned ON on the main Archer C80 that is in Router Mode, while the DHCP server is turned OFF on all other Archer C80 that are in Access Point Mode.

And just to note that the Wi-Fi signal is ON on all four pieces of the Archer C80, while the ONT ZTE F680 is Wi-Fi OFF.

I am attaching the configuration of my network so that you can better understand what I am talking about and whether EasyMesh could work in my case?

Greeting!

TRUST NO ONE, THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
Options
2022-11-08 07:48:54

@zexoni70 

Ethernet Backhaul would be the next stage of EasyMesh as per Kevin's post, it is still under development:

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options