Votes

Dark mode for tapo/kasa app (Part 2)

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Dark mode for tapo/kasa app. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Dark mode for tapo/kasa app. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-24 15:40:38 - last edited 2023-02-21 01:11:01

Continuing this thread...

https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/269902

With 12 upvotes (mine was one) and four positive replies for a dark mode.

So tp-link / Kasa, how about it?   You did awesome adding the video save feature, so how about a dark mode feature?

My recommendation to make the  Kasa app really pop for night mode?   Red characters on a black background!   Check out this example:

This would be awesome as a control panel in the middle of the night?

Like many, enjoy using the Kasa app, even when it destroys my night vision when I need to look at something.  So please, night mode... needs to happen. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Dark mode for tapo/kasa app (Part 2)-Solution
2022-12-01 03:13:09 - last edited 2023-01-04 09:23:50

Soooo... in the meantime, the hidden developer mode of Android phones comes in handy.

Got to settings, about phone, Software Information, touch on the Build Number till you go into developer mode.

Go into developer options in the bottom of settings at that point, and do a search for "dark mode", which will take you to the dark mode switch that you can throw to force any application into dark mode (even if it is not made to support it).  And when you do, the Kasa app looks like this:

Hey... it's something.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Dark mode for tapo/kasa app (Part 2)
2022-11-24 15:57:19

I said night mode at the end of the last message, meant "Dark Mode".

So, another interesting fact of the other thread, there are 1280 views.   Most threads in the feature requests seem to average at or around 100 views.  Dark Mode seem to be something a lot of people are tuning in on.   That many views since July of last year.   Over 16 months averages about 80 views a month?   Wow.

Sounds like the users have spoken.  :)

Options
Re:Dark mode for tapo/kasa app (Part 2)-Solution
2022-12-01 03:13:09 - last edited 2023-01-04 09:23:50

Soooo... in the meantime, the hidden developer mode of Android phones comes in handy.

Got to settings, about phone, Software Information, touch on the Build Number till you go into developer mode.

Go into developer options in the bottom of settings at that point, and do a search for "dark mode", which will take you to the dark mode switch that you can throw to force any application into dark mode (even if it is not made to support it).  And when you do, the Kasa app looks like this:

Hey... it's something.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Dark mode for tapo/kasa app (Part 2)
2023-01-04 09:23:30

Hi @Buster_B 

Thank you very much for your valuable sharing!!

This can be great news to some Android users, can you help share the content here in this post and this can help more users, thank you! 

Dark mode for tapo/kasa app

FYI, I will also merge your thread to that main topic for the Dark mode request so more users can vote and comment there. 

Options
RE:Dark mode for tapo/kasa app (Part 2)
2023-01-09 17:26:30
This really need it. And option to settings to toggle too.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1255

Replies: 4