Deco is absolute garbage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco is absolute garbage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco is absolute garbage
Deco is absolute garbage
2022-12-07 18:38:20 - last edited 2022-12-08 03:33:31
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

These systems are garbage.  There is no ability to create a dedicated 2.4ghz channel aside from activating the guest network which then tells you there is a "security risk" because you guest network is activated and no one is using it despite the fact that you have five devices hooked up to it.  However, this isn't the biggest issue. 

The biggest issue is that you cannot dedicate any port as being "open" so that devices may connect to it. INSANE.  For instance, wifi enabled garage doors WILL NOT work.  They need a dedicated open TPC port.  You are also unable to manually control channel congestion.  ASUS and NEtgear allow you to do this.  I am literally throwing this entire system, all three deco units out and starting over.  TP LINK is terrible.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco is absolute garbage
2022-12-08 07:02:51

@jas311 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know the model number of your Wi-Fi-enabled garage doors?

If you need to open any ports for the garage door, please have a look at this link: How to set up Port Forwarding feature on the Deco

As for the feature request of the manual control of channels, it is still under discussion and so far there hasn't been a clear time frame yet.

Regarding the wireless security risk notice on the guest network, I have reported it to the senior engineers for further explanation and will update here as soon as possible.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco is absolute garbage
2022-12-08 13:47:55

@jas311 

Hello,

You are right my friend, we paid a lot of money compared to other brands, but there is no adjustment menu like the interface of the simplest modem or similar. You have a problem, but there is no one to help you or you are not taken into account.

I have written and drawn many times, but in vain, I have deco series m9plus, x60, x73dsl. I have always had problems with them. With the latest firmware for m9plus, some problems were fixed, but others always had problems.

I am using zyxel and ASUS products as another brand.

Kind regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 507

Replies: 2

Related Articles