EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

735 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-03-15 11:35:15

Also waiting for Easymesh Ethernet Backhaul on the Archer Ax55  smiley

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-03-15 11:45:31

Hi  @Kevin_Z 

I can see Archer C6 v2 in the EasyMesh device list, but updated firmware is still not available.

Can you please confirm whether it is already published or is there any tentative date.

Thanks

Options
2023-03-16 06:46:13

AritraS wrote

Hi  @Kevin_Z 

I can see Archer C6 v2 in the EasyMesh device list, but updated firmware is still not available.

Can you please confirm whether it is already published or is there any tentative date.

Thanks

Hello @AritraS, thank you very much for bringing this up to our attention.

As far as I can confirm, Archer C6/A6 V2 doesn't support EasyMesh. The EasyMesh product list might not be accurate when considering whether a model supports EasyMesh, it's only for reference. You may refer to the firmware release note next time when confirming whether a new feature is added to a specific model.

We will remind the website admins to check and update the EasyMesh product list and make sure it's correct.

Options
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8
2023-03-16 06:51:49 - last edited 2023-03-16 07:48:27

@Kedare  @LinkFX 

Thank you both for asking for EasyMesh new firmware for Archer C6 V3.

As per the EasyMesh product list, neither Archer A6 v3 nor Archer C6 v3 is being planned to be compatible with EasyMesh.

Since the product list gets updated once there are new models that add the support for EasyMesh and some old ones may be removed from the list, it's suggested to check the list timely and keep an eye on your router web GUI or Tether app for updates.

Options
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8
2023-03-17 09:41:29 - last edited 2023-03-17 10:02:26

Same here! Bought 2 AX55 since it states clearly on the box onemesh... to discover it doesn't work with cable backhaul...

the whole idea is to improve WiFi on location where WiFi is not good..

WHY would i want to connect the AP trough WiFi?  It doesn't even make sense...  Please add ethernet backhaul ASAP. 

Any info on when we can expect this fix? 

Options
2023-03-18 10:45:41 - last edited 2023-03-19 11:16:57

@Kevin_Z 

Updated on Feb 8, 2023:

The official firmware for Archer C80/C64/A64/A8 has been published already, please check for the updates on your router web GUI or Tether App for the new firmware, update and install the latest official firmware on the router to explore all the new features like EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul.

As per this update, I was checking the availability of the latest update(Archer C80 V1), but unfortunately it is only available in US version of website(Download for Archer C80 | TP-Link), not available in Indian version of website(Download for Archer C80 | TP-Link India).

Do you have any information, when I will be able to get the update for this, or I can download firmware from US website and install manually?

Regards, Saugata D.
Options
2023-03-20 06:13:28

iAmSaugata wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Updated on Feb 8, 2023:

The official firmware for Archer C80/C64/A64/A8 has been published already, please check for the updates on your router web GUI or Tether App for the new firmware, update and install the latest official firmware on the router to explore all the new features like EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul.

As per this update, I was checking the availability of the latest update(Archer C80 V1), but unfortunately it is only available in US version of website(Download for Archer C80 | TP-Link), not available in Indian version of website(Download for Archer C80 | TP-Link India).

Do you have any information, when I will be able to get the update for this, or I can download firmware from US website and install manually?

@iAmSaugata  I believe you can check for updates on the router web GUI or via the Tether App. There is no need to download and upgrade the firmware manually from another website.

Regarding the firmware release delay concern for the Indian website, I will make sure to feed it back to the local website admin to publish it as soon as possible. Please check the firmware release later.

Options
2023-03-20 06:48:15

@Kevin_Z 

Currently I am on Beta firmware, and i have checked through WebUI and App, none of them showing any update. I am little confused, do I get the official update of v1.12.1 or I will have to downgrade to get the update?

Regards, Saugata D.
Options
2023-03-21 06:33:29

@iAmSaugata 

The build number of the beta version is the same as the official release, I assume that might be the reason why you cannot get the official notification.

If you cannot check for the new official release, please install the official version manually by downloading the latest version from the local website as below, then install it manually on the router:

https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/download/archer-c80/v1/#Firmware

Options
2023-03-23 09:09:45

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for your help, I am able to download the latest official version manually and installed it, everything working as expected.

Regards,

Saugata D.

Regards, Saugata D.
Options
Related Articles