EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

741 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-02-19 11:43:45

linux_user wrote

I just noticed that in "Archer_AX53_V1_1.2.4_Build_20240206.zip" the firmware file is named "ax53v1-up-us-ver1-2-4-P1[20240206-rel41393]-1024_nosign_2024-02-06_14.05.03.bin" (note the "US" word).

Can I use it with my EU model AX53 V1? I'm worried about bricking my router.

@linux_user Yes. You can install this beta firmware on the EU version.

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-02-19 16:55:54

@Kevin_Z 
Hello good afternoon. My name is Angelo and I'm from Brazil. I apologize in advance for my English.

I have a doubt whether the new firmware that was released for the AX53 v1 will have MESH expansion of the IoT networks and the guest network, as it is only expanding the main Wi-Fi network.

Options
2024-02-19 22:58:25

@Kevin_Z 

Here everything is working fine with the new firmare AX53 v1. Thanks

Options
2024-02-20 02:12:44

Octavio_Sampaio wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Here everything is working fine with the new firmare AX53 v1. Thanks

@Octavio_Sampaio Good to know that. Enjoy the mesh network and let us know if there is anything new that comes up.

Options
2024-02-20 02:16:27

AngeloWinicius wrote

@Kevin_Z 
Hello good afternoon. My name is Angelo and I'm from Brazil. I apologize in advance for my English.

I have a doubt whether the new firmware that was released for the AX53 v1 will have MESH expansion of the IoT networks and the guest network, as it is only expanding the main Wi-Fi network.

@AngeloWinicius Thank you for asking the community.

With the newly provided beta firmware, AX53 V1 still extends the main network only at the moment. It doesn't extend the IoT network or Guest Network. 

We have already forwarded this kind of request to our developers, they would consider improving the mesh expansion in the future if that is possible. Please stay tuned.

Options
2024-02-20 12:07:01

@Kevin_Z 

Can I install this beta firmware on either EU/US models?If I install this beta firmware  once when official firmware is released can I update to that Automatically?

Options
2024-02-20 14:55:34 - last edited 2024-02-20 18:02:39

Good morning,

with the new firmware for the Ax53.

If I understand correctly, I can have my Ax58 router as the main one and put an Ax53 as the Ethernet access point.

Do I benefit from easymesh over Ethernet across my entire network?

THANKS

Options
2024-02-20 17:57:37

@Kevin_Z 

Tried with 4 different cables, negotation speed is always based on luck, it's 50/50 between 100mbps and 1000mbps. The Auto-Negotiation is faulty in my opinion.

Regarding Wake on LAN, I was using in fact Wake on Wan and it was working perfectly when I didn't have mesh setup. Now my PC is connected with a cable to the satellite(EX220) instead of the main (AX53 V1) and it's not working.

All the steps from the article are already in place: Enabled WOL on BIOS, Fast startup disabled, Enabled WOL on the Network adapter,  IP & MAC Binding for the LAN computer, Port forwarding for port 9 for my PC private IP, Dynamic DNS used (ie: frost.tplinkdns.com)

In the Android app for WoL I set: frost.tplinkdns.com as the address, I set port 9, I set my PC MAC Address.

Feedback for the AX53 V1 ethernet backhaul: The connection was stable for 2-3 days, after that I had an episode where it started to constantly disconnect and couldn't even login to the router, it was resolved after a reboot.

Regarding the Wi-Fi coverage, I turned on Wi-Fi on my phone near the satellite(EX220) at 0.5m away and it connected to the main (AX53 V1) at ~6m away. Waited a few minutes however it didn't switch to the satellite Wi-Fi, it switched only after I went to a place in the house where the signal was really bad for the main, but good enough for the satellite.

Options
2024-02-20 18:16:10

@Kevin_Z there is another changes for ax53 v1 on this firmware?

Options
2024-02-21 00:03:35

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin_Z wrote

tlkounev wrote

Hi to all.

I have BE800 with same SSID for 2,4, 5 and 6GHz as main easymesh router and two BE550 as satellites and have to say Im very disappointed how is easymesh implemented. Satellites working properly only on 2,4 and 5GHz. On 6GHz satellites using own SSID "mySSID"_6GEXT. Just why? I cant use full power of WiFi7 routers... I dont want and need extra SSID for 6GHz. MLO doesnt work properly at all. BE800 randomly restarts itself when I have MLO and WMM configured. I have new BE800 and same behave was on BE550 as main router. FWs are so poorly tested.... I dont know what to say. Im using TP-Link routers for years... I have AXE75 but this is another chapter...

Ondrej

Hello @tlkounev, thanks for posting in the community.

As far as I can confirm, the 6GHz Wi-Fi isn't designed to build up the wireless backhaul connections, which means only the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks will join the mesh connection. That could be the reason why the satellite router creates its 6GHz network. Please notice that the 6 GHz band is not required for MLO.

If the BE800 restarts when you enable MLO and WMM configured, we would like to follow it up via a support email. If you're willing to investigate it further, please check your email box later and follow the suggestions provided by our engineers. Thank you very much.

But your easymesh menu when adding new sattelite says something very different. If I look to easymesh RFC there is nothing against using 6GHz. Still you are using it but with different SSID.

Options
Related Articles