148 Reply
Re:Wi-Fi Routers Support WireGuard VPN Now
2024-01-15 21:24:00

@Kevin_Z Any plans for AXE300 model?

Options
2024-01-18 15:21:59

@Kevin_Z why are upgrades so slow? 

As a  side note: I got wire mesh Eero from amazon from my ISP and they get upgrades and sometimes get new features added few time a year. I just wish they supported wireguard

Options
2024-01-19 08:14:05

@Alexpik 

TP-Link is a joke.

I owned a AC3200 router ages ago. This router never received an FW update during thi time i used it.

I iwn the AX11000 cause an other router brand was out of stock at the time i needed an other router.

Options
2024-01-22 16:53:46

@Kevin_Z When coming support for AX10? It is already 2024...

Options
2024-01-23 00:20:28

@Kevin_Z When will ble availablke to the AX73? We hoping for that for a long time.

Options
2024-01-24 08:15:06

@Waterfox 

Any news about our request? It is really sad to see, that TP-Link devices with 3 core CPU can't get support for wireguard, not to mention, that for example AX10/1500 is totally capable device of dping that without hicups.

Options
2024-01-25 14:49:25

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, I'm currently planning to upgrade my router to something that supports Nordvpn's wireguard protocol for VPN client. I saw a FAQ post that has stated I am able to set it up just by using Nordvpn's authentication token

https://www.tp-link.com/my/support/faq/3785/

However, based on the setup instructions provided for AX55's router (https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/592542), I need to obtain the config file from Nordvpn which they can't provide. Could you please tell me which router is guaranteed to support this kind of integration?

Options
2024-01-26 02:51:36

@Justyn 

Hi, do you have the Archer AX55 at this moment? If so, what is the hardware version and firmware version? actually not all the versions support WireGuard VPN.

For AX55 V1, there is a beta firmware which optimized the NordVPN WireGuard configuration, you could find the beta firmware here: Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More

And here is the configuration guide: How to set the NordVPN WireGuard on TP-Link Wireless Router

In addition, for other router models that supports WireGuard VPN but doesn't add quick setup for third-party VPN including NordVPN in VPN Client feature, you will need to see tutorials online to get WireGuard VPN configuration file from Nord App.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-26 04:59:03

@Sunshine 

Hey thanks! This is what I'm looking for. I needed to know whether AX55 supports quick setup to Nordvpn before replacing my old router

On a side note, do you by chance know other models to support this feature in their native version? I'd rather not tinker with beta versions but wouldn't mind doing so if there's no other option

Options
2024-01-26 08:51:06

@Justyn 

Hi, some other router models might support the quick setup to Nordvpn in the future but not at this moment, it is recommended to purchase the AX55 V1(you'd better confirm the hardware version before purchasing as V2 etc. doesn't support it yet), there is only beta firmware for AX55 V1 at this moment but a new official firmware will be available soon.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Related Articles