[SURVEY CLOSED] VPN Survey on Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-20 01:50:44 - last edited 2023-03-02 03:59:09
Tags: #VPN #survey
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Updated on 2/3/2023:

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your time in completing our VPN survey. Your opinions and suggestions matter to us a lot and will help us develop the VPN functions to meet your needs as much as possible.

Let's wait and keep an eye on the VPN functions we will develop on the Deco and Wi-Fi routers in the near future.

Once again, we are extremely grateful for your contributing your valuable time, your honest information, and your thoughtful suggestions.

If you're interested in the VPN Client features on the Wi-Fi routers, please visit

How to Connect TP-Link Router to a third-party VPN Provider (For ExpressVPN, NordVPN, etc.)

Wi-Fi Routers that are Planned to support WireGuard VPN

Options
7 Reply
Re:VPN Survey on Deco
2023-02-01 01:15:41

@Kevin_Z 

i would just like to use my openVPN setup to access my home network like I used to do with my archer ax90

Options
2023-02-01 07:32:27
I agree DoinitSideways. I use OpenVPN set up on a MacMini for my VPN. I'm not interested in paying a monthly subscription to allow me to view movies "from another country". I want access to my files at home whilst I'm on the road. How about a version of OpenVPN on a Deco that could be switched on?
Options
2023-02-01 07:36:05
I agree DoinitSideways I just want access back to my files whilst I'm on the road. How about a VPN that can be switched on in the Deco main node? I'm certainly not interested in a "monthly subscription".
Options
2023-02-01 08:59:02

@DoinitSideways 

Thank you for the feedback. Currently, there is already a Deco product that supports VPN feature, like Deco X50/X55:

Early Release VPN/Static Route/MTU Firmware for Deco X50/X55

And their VPN configurations work quite the same as Archer AX90smiley.

Vanellus Nice to see you again. I am sure the senior engineers will value our feedback and give careful consideration.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-01 19:50:14

@David-TP 

if your solution is to purchase a different Deco unit, then that is hardly a solid answer to my request.

I've literally only bought and setup the X95 which is a more powerful unit then the X50... 

So, when will the X95 receive OpenVPN server support?

Options
2023-02-02 03:09:34

@DoinitSideways 

Hi, you might see there is a pre-sale survey about VPN on Deco and some models also already support this feature. so you can say there is a plan to add a VPN server/client on Deco. But when it comes to a specific model of ETA, I could not provide any updated news any longer.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-28 19:53:55
I also join the others with VPN server functionality requirement on my Deco M5 3 pack system. Option to set it up on the main deco in router mode would be great. I need access to my home files from remote locations.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1208

Replies: 18

Tags

VPN
survey
Related Articles