Access point Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Access point Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Access point Network
Access point Network
2023-02-01 20:12:37
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Been given the deco s7 to use with sky hub. I've set it as an access point but my strange question is this.. should both my sky hub network and new deco network name be searchable and selectable? Would I alway now select the deco network instead?

Thanks for any help. It's been a long day and cannot get my head around it!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Access point Network
2023-02-01 21:02:38
Also should each deco connect to the main one? I got this because I couldn't get WiFi on the 3rd floor and still can't with the deco up there, just shows weak connection.
Options
Re:Access point Network
2023-02-02 06:08:08

@Rosscopco Hi, welcome to the community.

When Deco S7 works in AP mode, it would be better to disable WiFi bands on the Sky Hub to let Deco take over the whole wireless coverage. In this way, there will only be one SSID in the network.

As for the signal source of satellite Decos, it is not always the main Deco and a daisy-chain map is also available. Sometimes, we do see feedback that satellite units refer to connect to the main Deco. Due to this, it is planned to support customizing signal sources on Deco, such as:Manual Signal Source Selection on Deco

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 182

Replies: 2

Related Articles