Solution India Jio SIM stops working on TP-Link LTE Gateway Routers after upgrading to 5G
This Article Applies to:
All TP-Link LTE Gateway Routers including Archer MR600, TL-MR6400, etc.
Some customers reported that their Jio SIM card was working fine before, but the internet stops working after upgrading to 5G, old 4G Jio SIM card still works fine on the same device, while the 5G enabled Jio SIM card works on a smartphone or Jio's own router.
Before downloading and updating the following beta firmware, please verify the model number and hardware version on the product label, especially the models with x.0, x.20 and x.30 versions. Please note that the x.0, x.20 and x.30 are different versions and unable to use the same firmware.
For Archer MR600(EU) V3: Archer_MR600(EU)_V3_230811 (Updated on August 15th 2023)
For Archer MR600(EU) V2: Archer_MR600(EU)_V2_230801 (Updated on August 3rd 2023)
For TL-MR6400(EU) V5.30: TL-MR6400(EU)_V5.30_230801 (Updated on August 3rd 2023)
For TL-MR6400(EU) V5.20: TL-MR6400(EU)_V5.20_230815 (Updated on August 18th 2023)
For Archer MR200(EU) V5.30: Archer_MR200(EU)_V5.30_230816 (Updated on August 18th 2023)
For Archer MR200(EU) V5.20: Archer_MR200(EU)_V5.20_230815 (Updated on August 18th 2023)
For Archer MR400(EU) V4.30: Archer_MR400(EU)_V4.30_230928 (Updated on Oct. 9th 2023)
For Archer MR600(EU) V1: Archer_MR600(EU)_V1_Builld_20231127 (Updated on Nov. 27th 2023)
1) If there is still no internet or no IPv4 address when using the above beta firmware with Jio 5G SIM card, please check the default APN profile settings on Advanced->Network->Internet page, if the PDP Type is not on "XLAT", please create a new profile manually and set PDP Type as "XLAT", leave other parameters the same as default profile, then check if the problem will be resolved.
If so, please share with us the MCC&MNC of your SIM card, so that we could update the default profile settings for your SIM card.
You could insert the Jio 5G SIM card into your smartphone, then check the APN profile settings on the phone to find the MCC and MNC, please share with us the screenshot, thanks a lot!
2) The beta firmware is for Jio 5G SIM card only, please don't update it if you would like to use a different SIM card.
3) We will update this thread once there is any other beta firmware for other models or versions.
4) Please be sure you have read the Terms and Conditions for TP-Link Beta Firmware before proceeding
If internet still doesn't work with 5G Jio SIM after updating the above firmware, please make sure the PDP Type in the APN profile is XLAT, and provide the following information for further follow-up:
1. A screenshot of the Advanced > Status page.
2. A screenshot of the Advanced > Network > Internet page.
3. Save and send us the system log file. You can go to Advanced > System Tools > System Log page to save the log file.
4. Model number, hardware and firmware version of the TP-Link router.
Do let the community know if there is anything else that we can help with. We are always happy to help.