P9 Deco won't upgrade firmware on local upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-13 15:08:50
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20201228 rel 55057

I have been given a beta version from the support team to upgrade my 4 deco p9 units. They only reply once a day and it's frustrating, so asking on here, to see if anyone else has had this issue and worked around it?

Only 1 of my 3 access points have upgraded through the local upgrade process where I connect via IP address.

I haven't tried the deco p9 that is my modem as it says to do the satellite devices 1st.

I've tried 2 beta versions now for the V2 and only the same device upgrades. So it's not the firmware.

I even reset one of my access points to see if this fixed the issue but it didn't.

I want to turn the backhaul off and this is the only way currently.

Thanks in advance

Martyn

Options
8 Reply
Re:P9 Deco won't upgrade firmware on local upgrade
2023-04-14 06:32:45

@Nytram 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The beta firmware sent by the support ticket could be used for all your 4*Deco P9-v2-1.1.3 Build 20210616 Rel. 31654. I see that you update the first one via web UI, did you also update the other 3 via web UI as well? (You could find the IP address of each P9 on the Deco APP device settings)

Do you want to turn off WiFi Backhaul and use Powerline Backhaul only due to the slow speed issue on satellite P9 units?

If yes, can I have some details about the speed you are getting from each Deco?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-14 07:04:00

@David-TP 

Hi

I have tried only 3 access points to upgrade via the web UI as I know all my IP addresses but 2 just say operation successful after clicking on the upgrade after 10 seconds in a little white box and fades away.

The access point that was successful had a 2nd pop up that upgraded and then rebooted.

I have a couple of access points that drop off, every now and again as well as the off device that doesn't follow me to a new access point also. So these are my reasons to update and see if backhaul being turned off, helps.

What should I look for in my logs as I can't see anything that stands out for the upgrade?

I haven't even attempted to upgrade my P9 that is my router yet.

This is so frustrating and thank you for your reply.

Martyn

Options
2023-04-14 07:33:59

@Nytram 

Hi, the beta firmware-1.1.3 Build 20210616 Rel. 31654 could revert back to the current official firmware 1.1.3 Build 20201228 Rel. 55057

I think you could temporarily turn off 3-satellite Deco P9s, and update the main P9 connected to the modem router first.

Please also change a different web browser and connect the device via an Ethernet cable to update the firmware if possible.

Based on previous experience, the log will only record that the firmware upgrade did not succeed but not tell why. So it is not suggested to check the logs.

As for the unstable connection you have mentioned, would you see any Deco P9 turn red when they dropped out?

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-14 07:53:09

@David-TP 

hi thanks again. I don't think it's updating at all but will try a different web browser as doing it on edge.

I do see the access points sometimes go red yes.

I will turn off the access points and try later today when I am back in.

Will the modem/router update the other 2 that won't update as I know the backhaul telnet fix will get passed on to access points

Thanks again

Martyn

Options
2023-04-14 08:28:24
Just tried via another browser and it did exactly the same thing. It just said operation successful and that was is. I also reset 1 access point to try and see if it was anything on the current set up and that has not made any difference either. Thanks
Options
2023-04-14 19:12:36

@Nytram 

you have to open your Main Deco via Ip in Browser. From there you can select all your P9 Devices to Upgrade. This is the only way it is working. Update via single device isn't working. 

Options
2023-04-20 11:18:36

@Devil1988 

Nothing works on the 2 satellite access points but I managed to upgrade my router p9 and then turn off the backhaul and this seems to have worked. I could no see a way to upgrade all my P9s from the main P9 which is my modem too

It would be great to get more firmware upgrades on the deco p9 as it does seem to have been left by the wayside for what it does.

Thanks again for your help. 👍

Options
2023-04-21 19:24:51

@David-TP Hi, could you please PM me the beta software for the P9. I have 3 v2's, and a single v1. What extra features does it contain?

Also, is there any optimal configurations I should use with the v1? Should that be the main deco, or a lone satellite with no further connections? My presumption is that it makes no difference, but I just want to be sure.

Kind Regards,

John

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 716

Replies: 8