Unable to connect to internet on Deco X20, through PPPoE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-31 07:19:09 - last edited 2023-05-31 07:35:57
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20220725 Rel. 39702

Hi,

I bought a new Deco X20 (AX 1800) router. I'm getting an error during internet connection setup through PPPoE. I also got a replacement device from Amazon. Still the same issue persists.

The same PPPoE internet connection setup is working fine for my current Deco M9 router. It appears the issue is with Deco X20.

I updated firmware to 1.0.7 (Build 20230413 Rel 36949) by setting up as satellite to a Deco M9 Plus (V2). Once I set it up as main deco after connecting to modem, it does not connect to internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached screenshots for reference.

Deco X20 (internet issue):

Deco M9 (Internet working with PPPoE setup):

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to connect to internet on Deco X20, through PPPoE
2023-06-01 02:59:58

@NewMonk 

Hi, May I know who is your internet service provider?

Have you tried to clone the MAC address of the original main M9 plus to Deco X20:

How to Configure MAC Clone on Deco

If the MAC clone did not help, could you please send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the following details:

1. The screenshots of IPV4 settings on the Deco when Deco X20 and Deco M9 plus individually worked as the main Deco.

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options