Deco X90 Satellite Connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X90 Satellite Connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
53 Reply
Re:Deco X90 Satellite Connection issues
2023-07-06 02:26:53

Figured it out, I had to disable my wireless adapter completely then I was able to get the recovery screen. Downgraded and now everything is back to normal!

Options
2023-07-06 04:22:16

Support was awesome...  "upgraded" me to 1.2.1 and everything is working again. Hopefully there will be a fix for everyone soon (they definitely know there is an issue).

Options
2023-07-06 17:49:28

@mpaetsch Nice of them to provide you the 1.2.1 firmware, yet 1.2.2 is still what's posted. I guess I'll be sticking with the 1.1.7 for a while then.  I actually roasted support for not asking for my logs which I didn't notice till I switched back to 1.1.7, they were still wanting a different picture of the network layout, from the phone app and not the browser version, neither of which had anything to do with the issues of 1.2.2.  You fork out so much money for these devices, QC could be a little better, and support a whole lot better.  Great device, kicking my old Velop's to the curb thats for sure.

Options
2023-07-07 02:06:28

I downgraded to 1.1.7 and everything now works like it used to except the app only show 3 devices connected (they are wired) all wireless devices are missing but are actually connected to the WiFi.

Options
Re:Deco X90 Satellite Connection issues-Solution
2023-07-07 06:29:26 - last edited 2023-07-07 11:00:39

Hi  @Mayb14  @Engladian   @Danny345 @DCdane  and All,

Thank you very much for all your feedback here.

After troubleshooting with serval users, the senior has provided a beta firmware to fix the following issue:

This issue Applies to:
Deco X90 V1 1.2.2

Issue Description/Phenomenon:
Some customers may find that after upgrading the firmware to version 1.2.2, the satellite Deco which used to work normally will lose the connection with the main Deco and turn into a flashing red light, and once the satellite Deco is moved near the main deco, it will work normally again. The same satellite works properly at the same location when the firmware was 1.1.6/1.1.7.

Possible Solution:

The issue would be optimized along with the official firmware upgrade.

Currently, please install the following beta firmware first to fix the current issue:

Deco X90_V1_1.2.3_build_20230707

>>How to update the beta firmware via web UI.

Notes:

1. Please be sure you have read the Terms and Conditions for TP-Link Beta Firmware before proceeding!

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-07-07 07:12:49

@David-TP 

Thank you for 1.2.1, I'll update and report if I encounter any issues.

Options
2023-07-07 20:53:46

@David-TP Thank you but after updating with the latest beta firmware provided my two M4 satellites are still facing the disconnection problem reported.

Anyone there with the same problem after upgrading?

I will go back to 1.1.7 until we get a proper fix.

Thanks anyway David.

Options
2023-07-07 21:02:39

@Mayb14 Can you explain how did you downgrade? I can't do it via the web interface.

Thanks in advance

Options
2023-07-08 14:42:51

@David-TP thanks for the link to the beta firmware. It seems to have done the trick for me and my satellite x90 will connect reliably to the main unit again. Two observations from me with this firmware:

• I seem unable to open the router's login page in a web browser, although this isn't a big issue as I can manage it in the app
  • I have a Raspberry Pi that is connected to the network via wifi. I also plugged this into satellite deco with ethernet, and something about having both ethernet and wifi connected simultaneously seemed to make the satellite keep disconnecting (flashing red light) from the main unit. This cleared up as soon as I unplugged the Raspberry Pi and went back to a wireless connection.

Not sure if this helps. Mostly though, want to thank you for providing the beta firmware as this this a huge improvement for me!

Options
2023-07-08 15:31:49

Won't work for me, my other x90 unit is fine as it was on the first update of the production build but the problem is my other two m4 units that since the production build are having problems connecting to the x90 units.

Leds are flashing red and can't reach them.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Options
Related Articles