Are Chinese market TP-Link surveilance cameras compatible with the Tapo app?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-09 15:33:22 - last edited 2023-10-15 08:24:31

So, my wife is in China visiting relatives and I quite like the surveillance cameras TP-Link makes for the Chinese market, and I would like to know if those cameras work with the Tapo app. Below is the cmaera I'm interested in: TL-IPC44AN

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Are Chinese market TP-Link surveilance cameras compatible with the Tapo app?-Solution
2023-07-10 12:07:15 - last edited 2023-10-15 08:24:31

@RandyAndy 

Hi,
The Tapo app can't control the cameras made for the Chinese market, and it's designed to set up and control the Tapo Series product. The cameras in the Chinese market have their own app to set up and control.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Are Chinese market TP-Link surveilance cameras compatible with the Tapo app?-Solution
2023-07-10 12:07:15 - last edited 2023-10-15 08:24:31

@RandyAndy 

Hi,
The Tapo app can't control the cameras made for the Chinese market, and it's designed to set up and control the Tapo Series product. The cameras in the Chinese market have their own app to set up and control.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Are Chinese market TP-Link surveilance cameras compatible with the Tapo app?
2023-07-10 13:51:38

@Solla-topee Thanks for the clarification

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 530

Replies: 2

Related Articles