Deco Firmware Updates Adding Signal Selection and VPN for Multiple Models

2023-07-11 07:33:04 - last edited 3 недель назад
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Deco 1.6.0/1.7.0/1.1.0/1.2.0 Firmware Update Added to Select Models!

Over the last few weeks, A New Batch of the Latest Firmware for Deco has been released! This update brings many of the features most requested by the community to reality, including Static Routing, IoT Network, Signal Preference, VPN Server/Client, etc. 

Please refer to the Firmware release note for a List of Features Added to Your Model!

WiFi 5

Note: VPN is not supported. 

Wi-Fi 6
Wi-Fi 6E
Wi-Fi 7
  • Deco BE65/85/95 and More

Note:
1. Please make sure your Deco APP is up-to-date.
2. Please be aware that specific features may vary between hardware versions.

3. Some features are not supported under Access Point Mode.
4. If there are other Deco models in the Mesh network, some features would no longer show up, such as Signal Source and Connection Preference; while others only need the support on the main Deco, like VPN, Static Route, MTU, and smart DHCP.
5. As a reminder, the Technical support team does not have any information regarding what models the firmware is being developed for and when we could potentially see a particular release. Please refrain from asking "When Will 'X' Model Receive the Feature?"

Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Why can't I detect the above firmware on the Deco APP?

In the first stage of firmware release, the new firmware would be pushed to a part of users first, then gradually within the next few weeks, if everything goes on well, it will be pushed to all users. During this gap, it is normal if you can not detect the latest firmware. It is suggested to wait for a while or manually update the firmware via web UI per Update the Firmware of Deco.

2. If I have V1.6, which firmware should I use?

Common rules for firmware upgrade: Normally Vx.0=Vx.6/Vx.8 (eg:V1.0=V1.6/V1.8);   Vx.x0=Vx.x6/Vx.x8 (eg:V1.20=V1.26/V1.28).

x.6 and x.8 are mainly used to distinguish the place of production.

3. How to downgrade the firmware if I run into any issues?

The newly released firmware feedback is always important and it would be highly appreciated if your could share here what happened to Deco after updating the firmware. We would reply to the post at the earliest time.

In case you have to downgrade the firmware immediately, the cross-platform firmware downgrade, like from 1.2.0 to 1.1.0 needs to be performed via firmware recovery. But if you just want to downgrade from 1.2.6 to 1.2.5 or 1.2.2, it could be done via web UI directly.

Options
119 Reply
Re:Deco Firmware Updates Adding Signal Selection and VPN for Multiple Models
2023-07-12 10:04:43 - last edited 2023-07-12 10:06:35

@David-TP 

Why is the X95 not mentioned in this post? Is firmware 1.2.1 the same as mentioned above? 

The most recent update on here is 1.0.4, so seems a big jump to 1.2.1 and I'm seeing reports of connection issues post 1.2.1 update. 

Options
2023-07-12 15:01:44

@David-TP 

I have tried several different web  browser with Jave enabled.....all with the same result......on both Windows and Mac OS......Ver 1.2.2 Build 20230601 Rel. 66771on Deco XP75Pro Mesh.......Selecting ADVANCED...SYSTEM....SYSTEM PARAMETERS.....WI-FI COVERAGE options "disappear" as you move to select them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,,,,Jim

Options
2023-07-13 01:41:45

@TonyReilly 

Hi, Thanks for pointing out.

We indeed don't list some models that are not worldwide, like Deco X5700, X3600, and X95. And their 1.2.0 firmware is on the same firmware platform with the similar features mentioned above.

As for the feedback about different models on 1.2.0, it is good to be cautious but we do wish users could test the firmware by themselves since the feedback varies in different network backgrounds. Any feedback on the new firmware would be prioritized and receive our close attention at the earliest time.

@JLHester 

I saw this feedback before and the engineer explained that the Wi-Fi coverage is not supposed to show up on the web UI. But under certain circumstances, like the current network connection is quite poor, it might briefly show up and then disappear quickly.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-07-13 12:44:28

@David-TP How about the Deco X20-DSL? Will that receive the new firmware soon?

Options
2023-07-14 09:05:09

@David-TP Great news! But not for those who are using a M4-V2, a hardware version that is still been sold. When can they finally welcome a "1.6.0." firmware update?

Options
2023-07-14 13:37:45

@David-TP 

I see that X60 V3 gets an update; how about V1 or V2? Our models aren't good enough for TP-Link's attention?

Options
2023-07-15 12:53:21

I'm waiting to get the updates on X60 V2 too. 

what I have to do? Or have I made a poor choice leaving Asus and get a TP-Link device?

Options
2023-07-17 05:20:16
Please confirm the the name of the latest x90 firmware? I am concerned that there is a version 1.2.3 Build 20230707 being pushed to my device which does not match the published versions here. I also received remote assistance where @TP-LINK provided support via team viewer which is heavily concerning me.
Options
2023-07-17 08:28:57

@David-TP do you have any news on timings for firmware release for the S4 V2? Like others I'd really like to be able to select sources to force a daisy chain connection.

Options
2023-07-18 01:43:36 - last edited 2023-07-18 01:48:33

@Cormacfor2FA Hi, welcome to the community.

1.2.3 firmware for Deco X90 is the next new official firmware for Deco X90 Which is in the release process and will be uploaded to the official websites in the next few weeks. Some users might be able to detect it on their Deco APP already.

Best regards.

@Muja73, I still haven't got any news about the new firmware on Deco S4 v2. You could refer to the suggestions here to send us an email and we could check whether there are any possibilities for a beta firmware.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/276958?replyId=1008182

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 23494

Replies: 119

Related Articles