Deco Firmware Updates Adding Signal Selection and VPN for Multiple Models

Deco Firmware Updates Adding Signal Selection and VPN for Multiple Models

119 Reply
Re:Deco Firmware Updates Adding Signal Selection and VPN for Multiple Models
2023-08-27 12:06:54

@Zoddy I have even more bad news for you. Deco X20-4G has been quietly listed as "end of life" by TP-Link. It's amazing how they con customers into buying only to kill of support within a short period of time.

I have the same usage scenario as you as I rely on my Deco X50-4G as the main unit. Regret buying because it looks like we won't be getting fair and equal features that units like X50 and the rest have, that we are supposed to get. 

Lesson to be learned here? Don't support TP-Link. Stop buying their products as they don't provide fair firmware updates and kill of their models too soon. Never again.

Options
2023-08-27 12:10:05

@Oakmeister Not likely to happen. TP-Link already killed off the X20-4G by listing it as "end of life" without even rolling out the updates that it's supposed to get.

Lesson to be learned here? Don't buy TP-Link and support such behaviour. I wholly regret getting into the Deco ecosystem (I own X50-4G, X50 and M9 Plus).

Options
2023-08-27 12:20:25

@arktiknova  same for me. I regret having bought 4 x M4. I Will soon change them with other brand, I have grown tired of waiting the famous update

Options
2023-08-27 15:53:09

@arktiknova That's interesting thanks for the heads up. You've saved me from wasting further money on the 4G.

Out of interest whats the URL to that page. The UK website doesn't show this as end of life. I wonder if there are any others coming to EOL.

-- Deco X50-POE user
Options
2023-08-27 20:15:05
firmware missing Caption

@David-TP The XE75 Pro V2 has no option to download past/present/beta firmwares, but the V1 does. Is there a reason for this? I've noticed that 'firmware' has been replaced by 'GPL code' what is this? 

Sorry for the repost, the image didn't upload 

Options
2023-08-27 21:23:28

Hi @BenMitchell,

I noticed this also, but then I went to the general English site (not continent specific) and it has the firmware listed for the XE75 Pro V2 with the EU specification

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/deco-xe75-pro/v2/#Firmware

Options
2023-08-28 02:03:02 - last edited 2023-08-28 02:06:11

@Oakmeister Here's the link for the "END OF LIFE" X20-4G.

https://www.tp-link.com/my/home-networking/deco/deco-x20-4g/

Looking at how fast TP-Link is releasing newer Wifi 7 and 5G models, I expect the existing ones like X50-4G to join the End of Life list soon despite it being very new. Tired of waiting for the features update that we are supposed to be getting but have been denied.

Options
2023-08-28 02:20:14

@BenGinders Thank you, but theres a warning 

• Please upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website of the purchase location for your TP-Link device, otherwise it will be against the warranty. Please click here to change site if necessary.

Also the firmware there is 1.2.2, not the latest 1.2.3 which is available for the V1

Options
2023-08-28 08:50:47

@arktiknova Im not worrying too much as this stage, waiting for more info from TP-link, Here in France on the tp-link site, the X20-DSL is announced as "coming soon" so there may be life in the not-that-old dog yet. It's also of note that if you look at the models that have got the new firmware update, none of the 4G/5G/DSL variants have been included.
I would be very surprised to see the E4/M4 getting the update as that is the very old entry level model, but apart from that.. Who knows? Would be nice to get some further info from TP-Link

Options
2023-08-29 05:43:18

Hi  @BenMitchell,

The EU page (which I shared a link to is also applicable to the UK hardware versions and firmware rules).  Regarding the V1.22 and V1.23 there isn't much difference between 2 apart from the V1 (1.23) had some issues where 1 ethernet port kept failing once users upgraded to 1.22, so far this has not been applicable for the V2 so it does not need the fix applied.

Options
Related Articles