[Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

[Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

141 Reply
Re:Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
2023-07-27 12:09:14

hi @klipse,

First thing to do is update all of youre devices to the Beta laugh

Then set the Main as desired, reset the other devices and add them as sattelite.

Nice Feature in this is the Location option, choose Other and give it the name you want.

@Kevin_Z, is mis the  option to give the device a static IP  address crying
Did a work around to assign the IP address trough the main router ( IP Reservation )

Regards,

Thom

Options
Re:Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
2023-07-27 12:23:35 - last edited 2023-07-27 12:24:24

@woozle 

Ok so I did a full "factory default restore" on the main C80 and I still get the same error message when trying to access the router via 4g/5g on the Tether App.

I then swapped my satelite C80 to be the main one, set it up as router and was also unable to access via 4g/5g on second router, I get the same error message on the Tether App. So BOTH C80's have the same issue, it can only be firmware related?

As mentioned above, I've tried everything else possible.

@Kevin_Z would appreciate someone contacting me still to investigate this further.

Thanks

Kevin

Options
2023-07-27 12:27:16

@Thom_NL 

Appreciate your input, I've had the Beta on both my C80's since it came out and my network is rock solid, issue is I can't access the routers (Both) via Tether App when on 4g/5g mobile data. All was fine prior to installing the Beta firmware.

If you have C80's running the Beta firmware could you try accessing them via 4g/5g on Tether App please?

Thanks

Kevin

Options
2023-07-27 13:44:46 - last edited 2023-07-27 14:12:29

@klipse,

I have the europe version C80 blush and in en outdoor ( 4g ) i can acces the main router. ( satelites ain't directly accesable )

Thether  App is working fine.

Did you use the TP login credentials? ( Has to be enabled on the Web gui ...otherwise no access, but you know that )

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-07-27 15:00:34 - last edited 2023-07-27 15:01:05

@Thom_NL 

Cheers, interesting, ok yeah I'm logged into the Tether app with the same email address and password as logged into the Web Gui..... there's no other "remote" access setting now is there?

I've used TP link routers for years and have always accessed them remotely with no problems so I would like to think I know what I'm doing laugh

Cheers

Options
2023-07-27 15:47:52

Hi @klipse,

Same mail address but is that your TP account?

Dumb question i know 😁

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-07-27 17:00:05 - last edited 2023-07-27 17:00:17

@Thom_NL 

yes the same one I use for my TP link account.

Options
2023-07-27 17:24:56

Hi @klipse,

Then we should wait for TP support to react 😱

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-07-28 06:37:12

@klipse 

Hi Kevin, I have escalated your case to our support engineers and asked them to investigate further. Please kindly wait for the email and discuss it with the engineering. 

Do let the community know once this is figured out. 

@woozle @Thom_NL Thank you both for your input on this reported issue. Good suggestions.yes

I hope more and more community users can communicate and help each other just like you guys do.

Options
2023-07-28 06:40:04

@Thom_NL 

Thom_NL wrote

hi @klipse,

First thing to do is update all of youre devices to the Beta laugh

Then set the Main as desired, reset the other devices and add them as sattelite.

Nice Feature in this is the Location option, choose Other and give it the name you want.

@Kevin_Z, is mis the  option to give the device a static IP  address crying
Did a work around to assign the IP address trough the main router ( IP Reservation )

Regards,

Thom

Yes. You can configure Address Reservation on the main C80 router. Do you mean you want to do this on the satellite? Currently, the satellite router cannot be managed or configured as you already found out. But we have forwarded your suggestions to the product team and development team that you want to have more options to manage the satellite router when joining EasyMesh.

Options