Deco S7 Led power bug/issue (HW Vers: 1.20)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-22 12:01:17
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20230324 Rel. 50892

To the community:

I have encountered an issue on Deco S7 which does not respect the configuration made on led power.

While led is turned off, it comes back on later, sometimes on the same day or days after.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco S7 Led power bug/issue (HW Vers: 1.20)
2023-07-24 12:44:06

@Tami40 

Hi, 
Please confirm the Deco app is up to date, and then refer to the link below to check if the LED feature is configured correctly.
LED feature of Deco

If the problem remains, please help confirm the following information.
1. What's the version of your Deco app? And what's the model and OS version of your phone?
2. Please send me a picture of the LED Control feature.
3. How many Deco units do you have? Please send me a picture of the Deco app>Network>Network map page, and which Deco's LED is out of control.

Best Regards

Options
2023-08-14 11:08:22

@Solla-topee 

Hi, thanks for the response, I was working them on AP mode during the led issue, both connected to the same switch:

Modem/Router - Switch - Deco1&2 (Both directly to switch)

After that I had to change to Router mode and connected them as follows:

Modem - Deco 1 - Switch - Deco 2.

In this mode the led is working appropriately so far.

The Led feature is disabled on app.

The firmware and app are updated.

I didn't test wiring Deco2 directly from Deco1, my purpose was to make them behave like separate units because I have everything network related in a rack and wanted to use the deco units as end of the line devices, not wiring them together.

I came to this idea because in AP mode the topology showed on the APP is the same as in Router mode, with a primary and secondary units, maybe they don't see eachother and start behaving erratically.

I must say I still want to have them working as separate units (not interconnected), but I had to change to router mode until I get a new router. 

Hope it helps, contact me if you need more info.

Regards.

Options
2023-08-15 11:07:15

@Tami40 

Hi, Thank you very much for the update.

Actually, I do wish later if possible, you could put them back in Access Point mode and turn off the LED under LED control, then help me submit the APP log as well as the system log on the Deco S7 when the same issue started again.

How to submit Deco APP log

How to log into the web UI to get the system log

By the way, during the LED control, have you ever restarted the Deco S7?

When the LED turned back on automatically, how about the LED control status on the Deco APP?

Best regards.

Wait for your reply.

Options