Deco XE75 Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco XE75 Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco XE75 Issues
Deco XE75 Issues
2023-07-23 12:56:47
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Hello everyone,

I bought Deco Xe75 as an upgrade to my old M9 Plus.

I discovered the following issues:

Clients in the IoT network have full access to the main network. This should be prevented?! Otherwise it makes no sense!

Client connection preference doesn't work either. I can set what I want, the clients connect as they want. This worked fine on the M9 plus.

Are there workarounds for the problems?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 Issues
2023-07-25 01:47:16

@Chris78 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Currently, the IOT network is not isolated from the main network and they are still accessible to each other. 

As for the connection preference, did most of the devices behave like this? Can you share some models?

By the way, are they connected to the main network or the IOT network?

If possible, could you please refer to this link to help me submit the APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Options
2023-07-25 06:11:56

@David-TP 

For the connections preference issue:

The deivces are connected with the IoT Wlan. Models are Reolink surveillance cams, Google Nest Minis, Tp-Link Kasa plugs, Tp-Link Tapo plugs

Are there any plans to isolate the IoT network in the future?

Thank you in advance.

Options
2023-07-25 08:47:14
EDIT: Device connection preference works when the devices are in the Main network. Int the IOT Network it doesn't work.
Options
2023-07-26 11:39:37

@Chris78 

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me.

I have checked with the engineers before about the further improvement of the IOT network, but so far there hasn't been an update.

I will confirm with them again since there are several similar inquiries in the past few weeks. If there is any news, I would update it on the community.

As for the connection preference issue, I would forward the case to the engineers and could you please refer to the previous reply to help me submit the APP log?

Thank you again.

Best regards.

Options
2023-07-26 11:47:42

@David-TP 

App log submitted!

Options