Choose notification sound

2023-09-26 06:38:35 - last edited 2024-01-18 08:36:20
Tags: #ringtone
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am using this camera with my iPhone (iOS) device. My mother has an android phone, she is using the TAPO app with. On android you can choose a notification sound for intrusion. On iPhone you can not. So now I have the same sound for twitter, calendar and HOME INTRUSION. And when I hear a sound I don't know wether someone likes my tweet, or someone is braking into my house. Could you please enable an option to choose the sound for TAPO app (camera)? Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Choose notification sound-Solution
2023-09-26 11:52:52 - last edited 2024-01-18 08:36:20

@NguyenKhoi 

Hi, 
Thank you for the information update. If you want the iOS to be able to change the notification sound, you may need to contact phone support for feedback on this feature.

For the request to add the feature to select a notification sound on the Tapo app, I'll log it and forward it to the related team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
14 Reply
Re:Choose notification sound
2023-09-26 08:44:57

@Milanche 

Hi, 
Thank you very much for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.

By the way, I checked on my Android Tapo app, and it's unable to select a notification sound for intrusion. Could you please tell me your Android Tapo app version and I'll have a look?

Best Regards

Options
2023-09-26 08:55:21

@Solla-topee it's possible on android app, because the system let us change the sound in the settings. Meanwhile iOS doesn't let you change, it's ONLY possible to change the notifications sound by modifying the app which can be done by the developers, I have tried changing the sound on iOS settings but there's no way.

It's a good idea to consider adding a new notification sound for Tapo app, I know it takes time to design the sound but it might improves the app experience smiley

Options
Re:Choose notification sound-Solution
2023-09-26 11:52:52 - last edited 2024-01-18 08:36:20

@NguyenKhoi 

Hi, 
Thank you for the information update. If you want the iOS to be able to change the notification sound, you may need to contact phone support for feedback on this feature.

For the request to add the feature to select a notification sound on the Tapo app, I'll log it and forward it to the related team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-10-19 08:54:28

@Solla-topee with iOS 17 notification sound for intrusion is too low and poor. Impossible to change.... like this is useless. Hope will be im

Options
2023-10-19 12:39:09

@Aale exactly. Choosing an alert sound would really be good

Options
2024-01-04 09:03:05

@Milanche me too! So frustrating especially after working so well & helping me avert a home invasion at 1:30 in the morning! Now I feel the alert sound won't wake me up! Please help sort this issue out. Than

Options
2024-01-14 17:57:49

@Milanche I too have an IPhone. I often miss notifications because the ringer volume is not at maximum on my phone. A different notification sound option would also be helpful to identify the camera notification from other notifications.  This is my only complaint of these cameras. Very pleased otherwise.

Options
RE:Choose notification sound
2024-01-17 04:26:02
My alerts were the same as for texts arriving. To be honest, this is useless
Options
2024-01-17 06:48:05

@Tybion it doesn't even have to be customizable or be able to choose. It would be just enough to be unique.

Options
2024-01-17 16:48:24
I agree. It would be a great improvement if we could pick the sound and volume of the notification.
Options

Information

Helpful: 14

Views: 1407

Replies: 14

Voters 14

+ 10 Voters

Tags

ringtone