iPhone 11 and 14 dropping off WiFi but not other devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-05 12:28:39
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.7.3

Two of the three iphones keep dropping off from WiFi. the third and other devices do not. Our router is sky and we have switched off its WiFi capabilities and using Deco as the wifi network (AP mode). Sometimes the iphone seems connected to the WiFi but there is no signal; sometimes loses the network completely . Relatively recent thing. Smart DHCP, fast roaming and Beamforming all switched on. Running with a combination of Deco M9plus and M5.

Options
6 Reply
Re:iPhone 11 and 14 dropping off WiFi but not other devices
2023-10-05 18:47:30 - last edited 2023-10-05 18:48:09

@NickEnglish 

It is possible MAC address randomization on iPhone confuses Deco mesh somehow, or your sky router runs out of IP addresses because of MAC address randomization.

To check that theory, turn off MAC address randomization on problematic iPhone for Deco mesh SSID. Instructions at the bottom of this post.

If that does not fix the issue for that iPhone, in addition to that configure static IP address (IP address reservation) for iPhone in sky router. 

Apple iOS 14 & Later:

• Ensure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi Network
  • Open the "Settings app", then tap "Wi-Fi"
  • Tap the "information button" next to your Deco network 
  • Tap on the "Use private Address" toggle to turn it off
  • After, a privacy warning will pop-up
Options
2023-10-06 06:33:28

@Alexandre. Thanks. Changing the privacy setting did not seem to make a difference. Will look at the sky router

Options
2023-10-06 07:22:40
Try turning off fast roaming
Options
2023-10-06 07:59:34

@Buff-man Thanks. Fast roaming and Beam forming are turned off on the TP network are turned off. Smart DHCP is enabled.  Nick

Options
2023-10-08 02:09:06

@NickEnglish 

Hi, would the two iPhones work better with Deco's WiFi now?

May I know the current OS on them? 

It is also suggested to turn off "Mesh Technology" on these two devices.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2023-10-08 08:45:48

@David-TP . thanks for your post. One phone is now on 17.0.3, the other still on the list 16 OS. The third iPhone is on 15 something and has no problem. The Decos' firmware is updated.

Overnight my phone kept the signal but this morning it is still the same....stays "connected" when I look at WiFi settings but phone loses the WiFi signal. This is whilst in the same place, not moving around Then loses the 'connection" in the settings. It does not find "my network" automatically. The fast roaming and beam forming technology on the Deco are turned off.

I will turn off private WiFi address on the phone setting to see if that does anything. As you can imagine, this is very frustrating! Nick

Options