Continua finestra ""Avete visto il video live per 5 minuti senza fare nulla...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-17 13:48:13 - last edited 2023-10-23 07:50:14
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.06 B230609 Rel.72971n

After Upgrade Firmware 1.04 To 1.06 B230609 Rel.72971n, when Hardware v1.06, (P/N: 1770500111)

After activating the Patrol which I then tried and then deactivated, an annoying message appears just when I am looking at the cam from the high-end Samsung A32 Android mobile phone. -
Buy an annoying message every now and then
"""You watched the video live for 5 minutes without doing anything. Do you want to continue watching? ,.,.,.......... cancel - continue --"""
I'm exhausted because it interrupts my viewing
Then I have to click "TAP" to restart the display.
HELP ME BECAUSE I AM BEGINNING TO HATE THIS CAMERA.
--------I'm in the process of buying a C520WS, but honestly at this point I'm thinking about another brand.---

HOW DO I REMOVE THIS MESSAGE? Product purchased on 12/October/2023.

1) The camera is configured and reset, very strong signal on 2.4ghz.
2) The camera from the router is 2.8m away.
3) The update is the last one as mentioned at the beginning.
4) The Patrol is deactivated and the positions have been removed "and empty".
5) Notifications activated, but not the advanced ones which are paid and don't interest me.
6) Privacy zones off.

Thank you on advance

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Continua finestra ""Avete visto il video live per 5 minuti senza fare nulla...-Solution
2023-10-19 14:14:09 - last edited 2023-10-23 07:50:14

@Solla-topee 

HI.
So there's news.
It seems that I solved it by enabling Wi-Fi on the cell phone.
The message appears to have no longer appeared.
Furthermore, I noticed that even from a distance of 13km, I could see the terrace of the house, with wifi enabled and the internet network obviously with mobile data active.
I was able to pan the camera and zoom.
So for now the problem seems solved.
Obviously the IP port 192.168.1.xxx (Class C) of the Tapo C500 is enabled as the port on the router for output with Port Mapping by setting both port 2020 and 554 open!

For now the 1 hour message has no longer appeared.

Thanks anyway.
In a few days I will purchase the Tapo C520WS, I hope it has no problems whatsoever. And among the features it is even superior to the C500.

File:
Senza titolo.jpgDownload
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Continua finestra ""Avete visto il video live per 5 minuti senza fare nulla...
2023-10-18 08:03:21

@Luciano1960 

Hi,
You can refer to the link below to learn more information about your situation.
Why can't I view the live stream of the Tapo camera continuously?

If the problem remains, please help confirm the following information.
1. Is your phone connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Tapo camera? Can it ping the IP address of the camera successfully?

2. How many devices stream the camera simultaneously?

3. Please describe your network diagram in detail.

Best Regards

Options
Re:Continua finestra ""Avete visto il video live per 5 minuti senza fare nulla...
2023-10-18 12:54:48

@Solla-topee 

Si' Grazie .

Among other things, Mrs. Cristina Buliga from TP-Link European technical support wrote to me
Which among other things asks me if I pinged.
I confirm Ping 192.168.1.10 in 20 pings 2 ms!! All received and all responded.
--- I also confirm that the time and weather are correct and what appears is exactly what I see !!!!!!!!
The router is a latest generation Telecom Italia router, it supports the 802.11 a/b/g/n protocol!

But I think you didn't understand that this message appears.
Mentioned in my post. And we're scrambling -
This happened after upgrade and it didn't happen before. !
The Patrol function is deactivated I confirm!
The message appears.
Perhaps there is something that the masters of programming are missing, given that I believe the message appears in certain ways.

Options
2023-10-19 11:22:06

@Luciano1960 

Hi,

The "continue prompt" appears have nothing to do with the Patrol mode. As you can see in the below link, generally, when the camera uploads the live stream to the TP-Link cloud server and then your phone downloads and plays it, there will be a time limitation for the live streaming and you will be prompted to continue the viewing.
Why can't I view the live stream of the Tapo camera continuously?

You can try to block the camera's internet on your router but allow it to connect to the Wi-Fi using features such as access control, or disconnect the internet to the router, the phone still can stream the camera when it's in the same network as the camera, and you won't have the continue prompt. Then allow the internet to the camera again or connect the router to the internet, and check if you can still stream the camera without the continue prompt.

Best Regards

Options
Re:Continua finestra ""Avete visto il video live per 5 minuti senza fare nulla...-Solution
2023-10-19 14:14:09 - last edited 2023-10-23 07:50:14

@Solla-topee 

HI.
So there's news.
It seems that I solved it by enabling Wi-Fi on the cell phone.
The message appears to have no longer appeared.
Furthermore, I noticed that even from a distance of 13km, I could see the terrace of the house, with wifi enabled and the internet network obviously with mobile data active.
I was able to pan the camera and zoom.
So for now the problem seems solved.
Obviously the IP port 192.168.1.xxx (Class C) of the Tapo C500 is enabled as the port on the router for output with Port Mapping by setting both port 2020 and 554 open!

For now the 1 hour message has no longer appeared.

Thanks anyway.
In a few days I will purchase the Tapo C520WS, I hope it has no problems whatsoever. And among the features it is even superior to the C500.

File:
Senza titolo.jpgDownload
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-10-20 10:11:43

@Luciano1960 

Hi,
Glad to hear that the problem is solved. 
Usually, if you can watch the camera remotely without the Continue message popping up, it means your phone is not streaming the camera via the cloud server. If the Tapo C520WS works in the same network environment, you can also stream it without the Continue message popping up.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 681

Replies: 5

Related Articles