Bonjour/mDns

Bonjour/mDns

Bonjour/mDns
Bonjour/mDns
2023-10-25 12:53:41
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.12 Build 230309 Rel.64136n (6985)

Hi,

I am trying to connect an EVE outdoor cam to my HomePod mini. The HomePod is connected to a TL-WPA4220 wireless extender which is on a Powerline PA4015P. My Iphone 14 is also connected to this TP-extender. The HomePod and Iphone work well together and have a strong signal, as well as the EVE cam. Trying to add the EVE cam to the HomeKit seems to be impossible. I contacted EVE and they blame the powerline for blocking the bonjour protocol required to add the camera to the Apple HomeKit.

Is this the case?

And if so is there a solution?

I must add that I succeeded easily adding the camera via a Linksys router (as well used as a bridge as used as a separate network). The signal is to weak at the EVE cam for having a stable connection, therefor I purchased the WPA4220 AV600. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Bonjour/mDns
2023-10-26 09:21:32 - last edited 2023-10-26 09:22:01

@LooksNice 

Hi, upon confirming with our senior engineer, the powerline extender will not block Bonjour.

You mean the issue happens when you connect EVE outdoor cam, HomePod mini and iphone 14 to TL-WPA4220 wirelessly, but the there devices work fine separately.

When you move all three devices to your router network, the issue will disappear, right?

What is the model no. of your EVE outdoor cam?

Options
2023-10-26 14:49:07
Hi Sunshine, I mean the Iphone and the HomePod mini connect wirelessly via the TP-4220, the EVE cam does not show, can not be connected, neither through the EVE app neither from the Home app where the camera is visible in both apps but is not addable. After trying once, the camera disappears from both apps as being in the neighbourhoud and has to be reset to show again. The Iphone and the HomePod mini do show up in the Router as wirelessly connected and get their ip-addresses automatically through the main router as 192.168.1.x , the same as the rest of the network. The model of the EVE cam is the EVE outdoor cam, Secure floodlight camera 10ECA8101 International. Thanks for helping out, I am about to return the camera if I do not find a solution.
Options
2023-10-27 02:23:45

@LooksNice 

Hi, 

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
2023-11-17 15:50:50
Well they didn't... Meanwhile I returned the Eve Outdoor Lamp and replaced it with a Somfy outdoor cam, which allows you to ad an external light too. This works! Though a stronger signal would be more than welcome. Again I use a powerline TL-WPA4220 wireless extender which is on a Powerline PA4015P. The Somfy Camera cnnects via wifi. I would like to install an outdoor extender for the garden, where I do have some power plugs. Which wifi outdoor extender is compatible with this setup? Hope the sales department reacts better...
Options