Challenges with Oculus Quest 3 Connectivity on Archer AXE75 v1.0's 6Ghz Band

Challenges with Oculus Quest 3 Connectivity on Archer AXE75 v1.0's 6Ghz Band

19 Reply
Re:Challenges with Oculus Quest 3 Connectivity on Archer AXE75 v1.0's 6Ghz Band
2023-12-29 03:07:21

N117 wrote

I have the same issue. Tested every single channel with PCS and without, every security. No results. Sometimes i see 6e network for couple seconds and then its gone. Once i  even been able to connect to it, but it was only once and never again... At the same time, my phone has no problems with 6e network from this router.

@N117 

Hi, since your phone has no problem with 6e network from this router, the issue seems to be related to the Quest 3 itself, is it possible for you to connect it to any other 6Gbps WiFi for testing?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-29 07:36:18

@Sunshine Yea, i probably would do such test if i had opportunity, but 6e routers is not common thing around  here.

Options
2024-02-19 11:06:41

@Giuseppe_Lupo 

Hi Giuseppe, I have the same problem as you, by chance did you manage to revolve ? I am also Italian

Options
2024-05-26 09:01:03

@Sunshine I have a very similar problem with Quest 3 and Deco XE75 Pro running in access point mode. Quest 3 can find the 6GHz access point, but connection drops out maybe once per minute. I recently updated the Quest 3 and the problem disappeared... but re-appeared again. Restarting Quest 3 does not help.

Options
Re:Challenges with Oculus Quest 3 Connectivity on Archer AXE75 v1.0's 6Ghz Band-Solution
2024-05-29 12:51:47 - last edited 2024-05-29 12:51:56

Hello @Giuseppe_Lupo  @N117  @Costantino   @BosPete   @harpone

We appreciate everyone who has started this conversation on the Quest 3 that is having an issue with our Wi-Fi 6E or Wi-Fi 7 routers/Deco's 6 GHz connection.

We recently heard from a user who shared his solution with us after he successfully got his Quest 3 to function flawlessly with our Archer BE800 router. Please see if this also works for you and provide feedback:

What if Meta Quest 3 (VR) Cannot Find the 6 GHz Network of TP-Link Wi-Fi 7 Router?

If this, unfortunately, does not work for you, we hope you can share with us more details about the issue and we'd be happy to assist further:

1. What is the firmware version of your Quest 3?

2. How about other 6 GHz devices in the network, will they be able to connect to the 6 GHz network of the Archer AXE75/Deco XE75 Pro flawlessly? There has been a new official firmware 1.2.0 for Archer AXE75, which can be found here. Please update and install this latest firmware on your AXE75 and observe if your Quest 3 will connect to the 6 GHz network.

3. Kindly share with us the 6 GHz wireless settings on your Archer AXE75/Deco XE75 Pro. You may mask the SSID and password for any security concerns.

Thank you all for joining this discussion and love to hear from you.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-05-30 12:24:41

@harpone 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Could you mind starting a new thread here:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/39

In the meantime, could you please help me check the following details:

1. Are you able to constantly reproduce the disconnection issue on the Quest 3 in a short time?

2. Please also try to disable "Mesh Technology" on the Deco APP for Quest 3, and also turn off "Beamforming" under Deco APP>More>Advanced.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Giuseppe_Lupo 

The variance in connection speed (and sometimes dropping it entirely) is mostly reliant on the physical movement of the headset I think. That has been my experience on the QPro with my AXE75, if I hold still the connection holds steady. On any sort of head movement it starts varying in connection speed by quite a bit.

This has not changed with the new firmware either.

Let me know if you need/want any specific information on my setup, I am happy to jump through hoops to try and get this problem fixed as it's infuriating.

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

I grabbed a cheap Hydra Pro 6e as some users reported that the connection speed stayed solid with this model, it arrives tomorrow so will update with my experience once I have it setup and can directly compare it to the AXE75.

Options
2 weeks ago

After even more tinkering, selecting a particular 6e channel has definitely helped a great deal at making VR streaming more stable I think. The connection speed still varies quite wildly at times, but it's more stable in the actual experience. No connection drops yet, stutters gone. Need more time with it.

The Hydra Pro 6e was incredibly unstable right out of the box, big drops/stutters alongside the connection speed variation. Couldn't be bothered to try and get that one working better since the AXE75 is now stable enough.

Options