Set up two networks in the same house with 2 main x60 deco

2023-11-08 04:46:07 - last edited 2023-11-09 07:54:40
Tags: #X60
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have recently bought a pack of 2 x60 decos for my 3 floor house.the modem is located  In the middle floor , and I have LAN network connections going directly to the basement and to the upper floor. I have placed the units in the upper and the basement floor and connected them both to the modem by cables.

Originally I have managed to setup 1 network where on of the units is the main and the other unit is secondary in this network but the app is stating that the signal to the secondary is week. 

As I don't really need another unit in the middle floor since I have the wifi modem them , I though that a good solution would be to remove the secondary unit from the network I have created and set up a new network just for it. To the outcome would be 2 separate networks with 2 main decos. One for the upper floor and one for the basement. Not matter what is do , powering of  the modem and the unit simultaneously or one afrer the other . This deco still can't be found during the setup process and the led light is pulse red suggesting that this unit is disconnected from the main deco. Is what I am trying to do valid ? What am i doing worng.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Set up two networks in the same house with 2 main x60 deco-Solution
2023-11-09 07:53:20 - last edited 2023-11-09 07:54:40

@Keshet 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The WiFi 6/6E/7 Deco units in the same package are pre-configured. When one unit is set as the main Deco, the others will try to connect to this unit automatically without configuration.

For your case,  you could try to add these two units into the same Mesh network, then change the operation mode to Access Point under Deco APP>More>Advanced>Operation Mode so that these two units would communicate over Ethernet Backhaul.

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Thank you very much and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Set up two networks in the same house with 2 main x60 deco
2023-11-08 09:14:30 - last edited 2023-11-08 09:20:21

@Keshet Did you actually remove Deco2 from the mesh network of Deco1, via the "Remove" action in the app?

The Deco LED should be blue before you start the setup process.

Options
Re:Set up two networks in the same house with 2 main x60 deco-Solution
2023-11-09 07:53:20 - last edited 2023-11-09 07:54:40

@Keshet 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The WiFi 6/6E/7 Deco units in the same package are pre-configured. When one unit is set as the main Deco, the others will try to connect to this unit automatically without configuration.

For your case,  you could try to add these two units into the same Mesh network, then change the operation mode to Access Point under Deco APP>More>Advanced>Operation Mode so that these two units would communicate over Ethernet Backhaul.

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Thank you very much and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Set up two networks in the same house with 2 main x60 deco
2023-11-11 08:13:01

Thank you very much all for replying. What helped eventually is to click the rest button on the deco. 

And that I  managed to have set it up as separate network.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 327

Replies: 3

Tags

X60
Related Articles