Multiple hubs in one nework

2023-11-08 08:52:36 - last edited 2023-11-23 07:22:21
Model: Tapo H100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Is it possible to place more then 1 H100 hub in my environment? I live in a very big building, and for the sensors coverage is not enough with one hub....i can't find the answer to this question anywhere (and yes, i googled it:)). 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Multiple hubs in one nework-Solution
2023-11-09 08:39:26 - last edited 2023-11-23 07:22:21

@kuvain 

Hi,
There is no problem with more than one Tapo H100 in the same network, and you can connect different Tapo sensors to different hubs to work.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Multiple hubs in one nework-Solution
2023-11-09 08:39:26 - last edited 2023-11-23 07:22:21

@kuvain 

Hi,
There is no problem with more than one Tapo H100 in the same network, and you can connect different Tapo sensors to different hubs to work.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Multiple hubs in one nework
2024-01-30 07:48:02

@kuvain 

is it also possible to ring same doorbell on two different hubs at the same time

Options
2024-02-01 08:49:50

@Yamanerk 

Hi,
If you mean different hubs ring when someone presses the doorbell, you can achieve the usage scenario via the Smart Action>Automation feature.
How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices?
Best Regards

Options
a week ago

@Solla-topee 

I have a question about this.  I purchased 3 H100's so that the siren can be heard throughout my home if an alarm sounds (or doorbell pressed).  I connected each hub to my router and programmed three S300D switches to one of the hubs.  Everything worked great...for about 30 minutes, and then two of the three hubs went offline, including the hub that had the switches.  I unplugged the two offline hubs and plugged them back in and they came back online again, along with the 3 switches...for about 30 minutes, then boom, offline again.

Finally, I unplugged two of the three hubs and reset the switches to work with the remaining hub.  It's been about 3 weeks and still the hub remains online and the switches continue to work flawlessly.

Why did this happen?  What do I need to do to assure that all three hubs (two for siren only use) remain online and the switches continue to work?

Options
a week ago

@Petrakid2 

Hi, 

It seems the hub that the switches are connected to has an unstable issue thus it and the connected switches show offline on the Tapo app. When you turn off two of the three hubs, whether the hub the switches connected to is turned off and the working one is turned on, then you connect the switches to the working hub?

You can refer to the link below to improve the connection stability of the hub and the switch.

How to improve the connection stability of my Hub and its sub-devices?

If the problem remains, please help confirm:

1) The test results of the above steps.

2) Your network diagram when using the hubs and switches.

3) Are there obstacles between the router and the connected hub?

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1099

Replies: 5

Related Articles