Deleting unwanted video clips

2023-12-30 14:27:37

Hi, I have a TAPO 320WS and am pleased with it. I initially set it up to record vehicles, which pass my property, but the notifications were pinging all the time , so I switched the detection option off. What I have now is dozens of unwanted clips of cars passing my property. But I can't see a way to delete those clips. Can this be done via the Tapo app? , if so how do I do it? Second question, is there a focus tab I can activate so I can recognise a vehicle number plate. Thankyou

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deleting unwanted video clips
2024-01-02 10:13:30

@Andrewnewman115 

Hi,
If you have inserted an SD card into the camera to store video recordings, you can go to the camera's Device Settings> Storage & Recordings>microSD Card page to format the SD card to delete all the video recordings. You can also remove the SD card from the camera, connect it to your computer via an SD card adapter, and then delete the video recordings on your computer.

Tapo C320WS does not have a focus tab, however, you can set the video quality to the highest one on the camera's Live View page to check if you can see the vehicle's number plate.

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-21 11:55:27 - last edited 2024-01-21 13:10:00

@Andrewnewman115 

The lack of the delete option is really annoying. Since there is a single option to Download available & one can Delete the downloaded clip, all the functionality is already present in the app. It simply requires that the Delete option is made available next to Download. It may even have been present in the first implementation.

There has clearly been a decision made not to do this. I think we know why! The only solution I've found is this:

1. Periodically download clips to be kept.

2. Share them to a Cloud service (OneDrive etc).

3. Reformat the SD card from the app - no need to remove it.

It's clunky but it keeps things manageable. I would not recommend or purchase another Tapo!

Options
2024-01-23 06:12:38

@Oxfordian 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback on adding a delete option to delete the SD card video recordings, it's recommended to vote on the thread "Manually deleting video from SD card", and I'll keep logging the feature request and forward it to the relevant team to evaluate.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 362

Replies: 3

Related Articles