Unstable LTE Connection with Archer MR500 and MR550

Unstable LTE Connection with Archer MR500 and MR550

108 Reply
Re:Unstable LTE Connection with Archer MR500 and MR550
3 weeks ago

@Sunshine Greetings, I've been using beta firmware ---Archer_MR500()v1_1.7.0_0.9.1_[231122-rel61263]_up_boot_13_ 2023-12-25_11.07.56.bin--- with a new ISP (O2) for several weeks. I don't have any problems with instability. Reliable and long-lasting connections. Comment that automatic restart is enabled every day. Tested using the Theter APP. I am happy. 

Options
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine I upgraded to the Beta firmware and within minutes I had another disconnect.  Above are the requested images and the log file.  This router is new; I only purchased it a few weeks ago. This is the first time I have used it properly as I am working away from home, and I need LTE.  Beta firmware has not fixed the problem.  

File:
log.pdfDownload
Options
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine one difference though is after disconnect it has reconnected without reboot. 

Options
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine, it is now with the Beta firmware disconnecting every 10 minutes and requiring either waiting a long time to reconnect or rebooting. The Beta firmware has made it more unstable. It is hugely annoying and not acceptable for a new product. 

File:
log-7.pdfDownload
Options
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine I have removed the beta software as it was disconnecting regularly sometimes after just a couple of minutes of up time.  This needs to be fixed or I will send the hardware back.

Options
2 weeks ago

@balein After several weeks of using the Beta firmware I have had not disconnections or issues so for me the problem is solved.  For info I am using a VOXI Sim card on the Vodafone network with a strong 4G+ connection.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine I noticed something else.  With the Archer_MR500(EU)_1.0_1.7.0 Build 231109 firmware the speed with 100% signal is something like 2Mbs.  With the Archer_MR500()v1_1.7.0_0.9.1_[231122-rel61263]_up_boot_13_2023-12-25_11.07.56 firmware speed is 45Mbs.  

Using my iPhone as a hotspot in the same location, the same sim gives 80Mbps.  

This is a really bad LTE router. 

Options
Wednesday - last edited Thursday

@Sunshine

so I bought a brand new archer MR500 yesterday. I put a SIM card in it that I have been using in my iPad as a hotspot. Never had a problem with the SIM card. 

I put the same sim in my new router, connect my iPhone and iPad to the router wifi, I access the interface program for the modem. It says everything connected. But neither device can run a speedtest( I have the app on both devices) the interface won't run Speedtest either, yet it says it's connected to the internet. I end up contacting support, turns out there's no IP address in the internet section. Support concludes that it's my SIM card, even though I tell her otherwise. Plus, I was talking to support chat, on my laptop that I had connected my router to via cable. So I have my sim in the router, the router connected to my laptop via Ethernet cable and my internet on my laptop is working fine! 

I do more searching after I'm told to contact my sim provider and come across this beta. So I install it to my router. 

my iPhone and iPad can now have fantastic internet speeds (tested with Speedtest) via the router's wifi. However, I connect my fire stick tv to my wifi, it says, no internet connection. I go connect my smart tv via wifi, it says no internet connection! 

I have no idea what to do next. I'm currently watching a movie, via the router's wifi with the sim in the router on my iPad. 

edit to add the requested screenshots and info plus since writing this I can use wifi on my laptop and get the internet on that fine. Have upgraded my fire stick because I thought that might have something to do with it but it's still saying, no internet 

I give up on trying to upload the log, why does it have to be so hard!!,

Options
Related Articles