Unstable LTE Connection with Archer MR500 and MR550

Unstable LTE Connection with Archer MR500 and MR550

115 Reply
Re:Unstable LTE Connection with Archer MR500 and MR550
2024-08-14 21:37:23

@Sunshine 

It's really weak that I don't get an answer. TP-Link sell a product which is not working, take money from customers for it and don't even tell us if there will be a solution in the near future. Really weak...

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Sunshine Hi, can u please provide me the version 1.7.0 beta for the ARCHER MR550 EU version? Or a newer beta version. I have it and everyday it disconnects from 4G and i have to manually restart it. Thanks!

Options
3 weeks ago

@Sunshine 

Hi, i have a mr550 with the same issue. Can you provide the last beta firmware for this model?

Options
3 weeks ago

@Rox97 

Rox97 wrote

@Sunshine 

Hi, i have a mr550 with the same issue. Can you provide the last beta firmware for this model?

Same problem here:

Purchased on 3rd August a MR550 using Fastweb 4G sim card and I have same issue of other guys here: Internet disconnection without any alternative to reboot. This happens randomly several times per day too

Can you please support?

I didn't try with a beta firmware yet. Which I should download?

Thanks

Marco

Options
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine I've bought new MR550 from Amazon at 26 August 2024

It doesn't work from new. I looked through this thread, updated firmware..... No luck. Disconnections.

What I can see problem is:

Router DHCP  server isn't working. I have only 23 TP Link smart devices on this router  and router is able to identify exactly 10 (random) devices. A hour later router picks up another 10. But never can recognize on app more than 20 of them even all 23 are functioning.

Router is starting failing this way: DHCP server fails and disconnects WiFi user. However router is still connected to 4G and accessible via Tether App.

Cut story short: if on Wi-Fi I have 2-3 users , then router is stable. 

If I have more than 5 users - DHCP crashes and later router all together loosing 4g connection

It is not hardware fault.  If I create Guest account then Router is OK with 5+ users on main and guest account. As soon as traffic increases, software fails.

Router handles 1-2 users 5-6 Mbps. But 3 users using Windows will crash DHCP and later 4G

It seems software is faulty. I agree with other users observations that router cannot handle 4G 20+ MBps WiFi traffic if it has 5 or more WiFi users.

In my case it crashes when I try to Watch any 2K TP-Link  CCTV camera or download footage.  

Options
Related Articles