Colour night vision but can't turn light off

2024-01-07 10:20:18 - last edited 2024-01-19 03:51:19
Model: Tapo C510W  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I have a great CCTV kit with Annie cameras that see in colour in the dark. Which is what the C510W claims to be able to do. However when I turn off the porch light the camera light turns on. The software seems to allow me to turn it off for up to 30 minutes. I don't want it on at all. I have baby windows so it shines in illuminating rooms. Especially annoying with motion tracking on. So now I have to turn it off at night, that's defeating the objective. How do I turn the light off permanently? With a drill?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Colour night vision but can't turn light off-Solution
2024-01-08 10:53:23 - last edited 2024-01-19 03:51:19

@Bryan999 

Hi,
Generally, when the camera works in the Night mode, on the camera's Device Settings>Video & Display>Night Mode Settings page, if you have selected the Full Color Mode, the spotlight on the camera will turn on, and if you have selected the Smart Mode, the spotlight will turn on when the camera detects an event.
If you do not want the camera's spotlight to turn on when the camera works in the Night mode, you can select the Infrared Mode on the Night Mode Settings page.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Colour night vision but can't turn light off-Solution
2024-01-08 10:53:23 - last edited 2024-01-19 03:51:19

@Bryan999 

Hi,
Generally, when the camera works in the Night mode, on the camera's Device Settings>Video & Display>Night Mode Settings page, if you have selected the Full Color Mode, the spotlight on the camera will turn on, and if you have selected the Smart Mode, the spotlight will turn on when the camera detects an event.
If you do not want the camera's spotlight to turn on when the camera works in the Night mode, you can select the Infrared Mode on the Night Mode Settings page.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Colour night vision but can't turn light off
2024-01-08 13:03:20

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for your answer. I beleive you have answered to the best of the abilities of the software and hardware currently on offer. However, on the box it states the camera has colour night vision, I have other cameras that have colour night vision. The colour being dependent on a light being on is not what I would call colour night vision and is not a requirement of my other cameras. lights only penetrate so far so it becomes quite a short range camera at night if it needs a light. Here I am looking at the box, Full colour night vision it says. 

I now regret the purchase. If it has infrared I hope there are no infrared lights on the camera, otherwise it wont be long before I can see in the daytime but not at all at night due to reflection from spider webs. I will make a complaint to the company for false representation now, thank you for your help.

Bryan

Options
Re:Colour night vision but can't turn light off
2024-01-09 08:01:34

@Bryan999 

Hi,
I checked the Overview page on the official website for the Tapo C510W, it introduces the Full-Color Night Vision display of full-color images with built-in spotlights even at night, and this is in line with the actual usage of Tapo C510W.
The Tapo C510W's night vision range can be up to 98ft and may vary depending on the actual usage environment, it does not support turning off the infrared lights, therefore, we don't recommend using the camera behind the glass windows or the object that may reflect the light to ensure its performance.
Sorry to hear the Tapo C510W is not suited for your usage scenario, and we will continuously improve our products and deliver the best performance possible. If you just bought the camera, you may contact your retailer to check if you can return the camera.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 329

Replies: 3

Related Articles