LAN ports on my main deco unit is not working.

2024-01-08 23:18:07
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.2.8 build 20230901

Ethernet ports on the main deco is not working. I have 2 XE75 pro. Main Deco is connected to the modem via ethernet cable and the satellite unit is connected to the main deco using dedicated wifi 6 backhaul. The LAN ports on the main deco alone is not working but the LAN ports are working fine on satellite unit without any issues. I tried swapping the deco units without success as the issue persists. Wifi seems good on the main deco, its only issue with the LAN ports. Any idea as how to resolve this.

Options
4 Reply
Re:LAN ports on my main deco unit is not working.
2024-01-09 03:43:16 - last edited 2024-01-09 03:46:05

@blazersprada 

Hi, apart from the port connected to the ISP modem, there are two more Ethernet ports left. Did both of them stop working?

I noticed you tried swapping Deco units. Did the bad ports always follow the original main Deco XE75 Pro or was it repeated on the "new main" Deco XE75 Pro?

May I know how long you have had the Deco XE75 Pro?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2024-01-09 04:18:11

@David-TP Yes, I connected the ethernet cable from modem on port 2 of the main Deco unit. Port 1 and port 3 were not working.

After swapping, the main deco to work as satellite, it still had the same issue. Port 2 was working as before and the other two ports were not working. Since, I have devices that require LAN connection from satellite deco unit, I swapped the defective device back as main deco unit.

I purchase this deco back in Nov 2022. I have first noticed this issue with main deco unit, a few months back and changed to using Wifi for my laptops. Now I got a desktop / PC, which require a dedicated LAN cable from my main deco unit. 

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Options
2024-01-09 09:16:23

@blazersprada 

Hi, Thank you very much for the update.

It is very likely the two Ethernet ports on the original main Deco XE75 Pro are defective.

Please refer to this link to register for the warranty service:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/contact-technical-support/#Warranty-Support

Best regards.

Options
2024-01-11 12:39:15

@David-TP The ports were functional before, and it only stopped working before a few months. 

Options