Deco M4/S4_V2 Support Connection Preference

Deco M4/S4_V2 Support Connection Preference

217 Reply
Re:Deco M4/S4_V2 Support Connection Preference
2024-05-27 08:05:21

@David-TP thank you so much for suggested. 

And when will be available m4 stable version im also unsatisfied this beta version bcoz this beta version is not good performance provided. 

Sayeem Ahmed
Options
2024-05-27 08:11:33

@Lalolelendo 

Hi,

"The bandwidth improved; I get 300 Mbps. When there is a wall in between, it drops to 150 Mbps. I am not sure if this is normal."

I think the speed is normal.

You could temporarily power off the satellite M4, stand at the same location, and connect the mobile phone to the main Deco to check how much of the internet speed on the mobile phone.

@Ivan_Mitov I must admit that the release of version 1.7.0 has been delayed for a while and is far behind the expected timeline. I would love to share with the community any further news about the 1.7.0 release. However, I am feeling a bit frustrated as there is little I can do to expedite the process.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Best regards.

Options
2024-05-30 12:14:09

Hi @David-TP 

Thanks for providing the new firmware for deco M4, hardware version 2.

I am using 3 deco M4 hardware version 4 (older than version 2) in a chain topology. This means, deco 3 is connected to deco 2 and deco 2 to deco 1 (main deco).

Recently, bought two more decos M4, now hardware version 2, to extend the mesh, lets name it 4 and 5. Together with the main deco, they are forming another chain. This means, deco 5 is connected to deco 4 and deco 4 to deco 1 (main deco). 

As soon a add one deco with hardware version 2, no device can connect to deco 3 (the end of the first chain) anymore. Trying to connect manually I have to provide the WLAN password, which will not accepted by the device/wlan. Tested with two iPhone and one iPad.

This was the reason to install the beta firmware on the two new decos, as proposed by technical support ([TKID240532387]).

Now my findings:

• i could find option for connection preference in deco app for the new decos (very nice)
  • occasionally, deco shows new decos as offline, but its not true
  • at the beginning, devices could connect to deco 3, even when deco 4 and deco 5 are included in the mesh
    • but only, if deco 4 is connected to deco 1 (main)
    • if it is connected to deco 2, no tested device connects to deco 3 (same as before update)
  • recently, no device connects to deco 3, if deco 4 is connected to deco 1 (main)

Hope this helps to improve the compatibility between the different hardware versions.

Thanks a lot for reading

Bastian

Options
2024-05-30 13:12:19

@BNSXN 

Hi

Also your nodes will forget the connection preference settings you set for individual clients.

However, Regarding decos randomly showing as offline in the deco app. I noticed that this will start to happen after changing some main settings in the deco app (ex: IPV6 network settings) followed by a network reboot made from within the deco app While simultaneously connected through the network wifi.

To get rid of the random false offline nodes status try the following:

- 1st make sure you finalize your network settings, or in other words ( stop tinkering with the settings every now and then so that the mesh network can settle down).

- 2nd once the network settles down you need to  reboot the network in whichever of the following ways to fix your issue:

2a - make sure the deco app is closed, then log on to the network through the web portal using your browser. From there go to settings > advanced > reboot = wait till all your nodes show up > then click reboot.

2b - if still the problem exists ? Turn off your mobile phone WIFI, and make sure your on cellular network only (ex:4g,5g etc. ) then log on to the deco app and make full network reboot. 

Ps. Once the issue get fixed, you dont need to repeat the exact steps for every network reboot.

Atleast thats how i fixed mine after adding the deco M4 v2 to my deco x60 and M5 network (which used to be perfect). Which removed many basic functions from the network, which also in turn got us alllll to here. 

Welcome to the m4 v2 1.7.0 beta, wanna play a game ? 

Options
2024-05-30 14:31:12

@BNSXN V4 isn't older than V2, it's newer.

Also, how about connecting Deco 5 to Deco 4 and Deco 4 to Deco 3? That way no "double chain" is formed

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2024-05-30 21:53:40

Hi  @ImtiazAli 

Regarding whats newer V2 or V4. I bought V4 hardware in February 2023 and V2 hardware in May 2024. But you are right, this does not imply, that V2 is newer. To be honest, I was not aware that there are different versions and I don't care. I was expacting that the DECO M4 is working together with DECO M4.

If V4 is newer, I would have a chance to get a V4 hardware after sending V2 hardware back.

Best regards

Bastian

Options
2024-05-30 22:02:08

@ImtiazAli

Also, how about connecting Deco 5 to Deco 4 and Deco 4 to Deco 3? That way no "double chain" is formed. 

This does not work do to topology reasons. The main deco is in the center of the mesh.

I could connect deco 3 to deco 1 (main) instead of deco 2. I have to test, if my devices will connect to deco 3 in this configuration. Moreover, the distance between deco 1 and 3 is significant, thus I would prefer to form a chain.

Bastian

Options
2024-05-30 22:06:11

Hi @Vcaddy,

Thanks for the input. The flase offline status is just a smal problem. Due to the fact, that I have to diconnect the V2 decos (4 and 5) the get a connection with deco 3, I have no chance to let the decos settle down.

Bastian

Options
2024-05-30 22:22:03
There is no single pack of Deco X20 available in any market in Bangladesh so I am forced to take Deco X10. It is facing some problems like OFDMA option is not available after mesh connected with Deco MR4 and sometimes it is giving up the net.
Sayeem Ahmed
Options
2024-05-30 22:23:52

@David-TP There is no single pack of Deco X20 available in any market in Bangladesh so I am forced to take Deco X10. It is facing some problems like OFDMA option is not available after mesh connected with Deco MR4 and sometimes it is giving up the net. and why see abnormal. 

Sayeem Ahmed
Options